Removing someone else's extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeordieLass

Reaction score
My friend got her nails done in city center and it has taken her 4 hours to remove 4nails

How can I help her removing these I have clipped the ends and soaked them in acetone and wrapped in tin foil and heated up there just not budging

My friend got her nails done in city center and it has taken her 4 hours to remove 4nails

How can I help her removing these I have clipped the ends and soaked them in acetone and wrapped in tin foil and heated up there just not budging

Oh dear
NSS I'm guessing?
With these the only thing that speeds it up for me is to soak/wrap them for 20 mins or so then one by one remove & go over with a file to take off what you can while it is soft. Then re wrap & keep going until it's pretty much off.
Be prepared as the natural nails may not be in very good condition afterwards as you don't know what they did before applying product.
Good luck
Xx

I had a lady call me yesterday asking me to remove and re-apply new extensions for her.

I asked her where she had them done and it was NSS so I said I couldn't remove for her as it could take hours unless she was willing to pay for my time.

It didn't feel nice but I just haven't the time to do that.

Your poor friend.

H xx

I don't remove them, I file them down as much as possible and then apply my gelish adding structure or GHG if needed and let them grow out. You never know what you might encounter if you remove.
I have done quite a few recently and I'm getting to be a expert at filing them quickly. I do charge more though.

I eventually got them off with a lot of filing and stress her nails were ok very soft so just did gel over the top for a couple of weeks to strengthen them and told her not to go again haha they where so thick!

Latest posts

Back