Remy Hair quality?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisacleaver21

Reaction score
I am looking at doing a hair extension course and find Balmain a bit of a nightmare booking a course, and have also found reviews on the hair is not brilliant, and have recently come across Remy hair, what is the quality of the hair like? Thanks

I am looking at doing a hair extension course and find Balmain a bit of a nightmare booking a course, and have also found reviews on the hair is not brilliant, and have recently come across Remy hair, what is the quality of the hair like? Thanks
Hi There,

I've never come across Balmain hair extensions yet but Remy Hair extensions have really started to kick off with many companies bringing their own brands out such as Sleek and Sensationnel Hair Extensions.

Sleek have their "Sleek Style Icon" while Sensationnel have their "Outre Velvet Remi Hair Extensions" and "Remi Goddess"

Haven felt the hair texture I would say that the Sensationnel Remi Goddess & Outre Velvet Remi have the best quality, feel and long lasting hair extensions currently available in the yaki and silky market.

People may differ and rightly so as many people will have come across many different hair companies.

If you need further details on the hair extensions just visit this website Remi Goddess : Cheap Hair Extensions | 30 % Off Human Hair Extensions , Cheap Human Hair Extension | Hair Extension Clips

Remi is poor quality hair compared to European cuticle correct hair. It will matt up fairly quickly after a few washes.

What about Bohyme Remi???

Hi Lisa

When looking to do an extensions course you need to make sure that the course is an HABIA approved course otherwise many insurance companies will not insure you. If you look on HABIA's website you will find a list of their approved courses. Try to avoid the ones that claim to be able to teach you half a dozen methods in a day! realistically you should just concentrate on one method at a time.
Regarding remi hair, this is meant to mean hair that is cuticle correct (ie they all lie the same way) however in reality a lot of remi hair on the market now is naff stuff which quickly becomes matted. As a rule if its cheap ie £10 for a pck of 25 bonds it isn't gonna be best quality. The best hair is Russian or European virgin hair but this is mega expensive although it will last a lifetime and so actually works out cheaper in the long run.
There are many threads on this site discussing which brands people like to use so check them out. Personally i am a recent convert to celebrity elite hair which I love but there are others out there its just a matter of finding them lol.

Hope that helps and good luck in the future
Emma.:D

hi there guys, ive been running a hair extension supply company for over 5 years now and i can say i know all there is to know about hair and appling hair extensions.
ok now balmain hair is chinese hair. this hair is very cheep and easy to get your hand on. this hair is unsutable for use on european peoples hair.
the hair is placed in acid to strip off the cuticle! so this means colouring the hair is faster and cheeper to do! the hair is then placed in a silicone bath to make the hair feel silky soft, but after a few washes the hair becomes dry and matted.
As a company that manufactures hair i will tell you that ALL HAIR SOLD IN RETAIL PACKET IS BAD HAIR! its cheep and nasty!
also the word remy doesnt mean the cuticles are running in one direction it actualy come from over 100 years ago!! the word remy hair mean the hairs foilcle bulb is sstill intact!! mainly for use with wig makers!!!

thanks

Hi Jack, welcome to salon geek
I think we have similar views on hair .... I have had over thirty years experience dealing with hair as a student in college we did wig making and postiche work
so we were taught early on the importance of the hairs direction
on long hair brushings or fallen hair .... we were also taught how to feel for the old hair bulbs so we could sometimes make wefts from it too lol

our Master Wigmaker Tutor used to tell us once the hair is muddled it's useless .....and to throw throw it in the bin :eek:

As young students we always used to ask but why Sir ?????? ......
until one week our Tutor actually asked us to make a weft from some turned upside down hair .....
and the other weft we kept the hair right way round ,
He made us take both wefts home to shampoo and bring them back for the next lesson lol
As a young student this small but much needed lesson really opened all our eyes.... it was the best lesson I ever learned ,

Most natural virgin hair in all textures is good hair ..... until someone or something turns some of it or all of it it upside down within the bundle then its just simply rubbish that will tatt ,
it really is as simple as that,
and cheap hair is usually waste muddled up fallen on the floor hair ,
fit for the bin
but its treated as you say ..... and then
coated with chemicals to smooth down the cuticle to disguise it
:) minky

OMG were both on the same wave lenght hahahah
i love hair extensions and love being a part in collecting hair from russia and india!
I DONT SEE THE POINT IN THIS USE OF THIS MATERIAL THEY CALL 100% REMY HUMAN HAIR HAHA
HALF OF IT IS PLASTIC

OMG were both on the same wave lenght hahahah
i love hair extensions and love being a part in collecting hair from russia and india!
I DONT SEE THE POINT IN THIS USE OF THIS MATERIAL THEY CALL 100% REMY HUMAN HAIR HAHA
HALF OF IT IS PLASTIC

Hi jackbrooks.... Good luck with your hair extension business .... do you stock pre tipped extension hair ?

hey love im not on here to sell or anything and the business is very busy in germany and the usa and has been from the word go! its clear to us that some people know good quality lol
but yes we stock around about 100kilos of russian hair and over 200kilos of indian hair too. if you want to know anymore hunnie PM me x

thanks for the info guys xx

Latest posts

Back