Rent a chair or home salon advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanaabdn

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Looking for advice. I'm moving house soon and will have a space to have a hair room. I do extensions and hairups/blowdrys.

I've been looking for somewhere in my city to rent a chair, as I only deal with a few things (at the moment, doing refresher courses soon.) I was looking for somewhere small, or a beauty place where they were looking for someone to rent a chair. At the moment I'm only doing hair part time so would only be looking to work maybe Friday afternoons, then Saturdays and if I could Sundays for extensions.
Really want to work somewhere where there could be a great vibe (due to bad experiences in salon in the past) somewhere that could be a one stop shop to get all glammed up for a night out.
But alas doesn't seem to be many places looking for the same thing which is a shame as I think it's something that is missing in the city.

Or I could have a hair room in my house but it is slightly out of the city which could be a problem.

I'm asking for advice, how would I go about approching places with my ideas/asking to rent a chair part time etc.

I work in a salon on a rent a chair basis. I only work 2 days a week.. (Tuesday and Saturday) as I’ve 2 children. My youngest starts playgroup full time in September and I was undecided whether to do more days in salon or build up my mobile hair. I’ve spoken to a few of my friends and hairdresser friends and they all said do more at home. That way what I earn is mine. Have u thought about doing a bit of both? Some salons advertise if not u could always speak to your local salons and c what they have to say? X

I work in a salon on a rent a chair basis. I only work 2 days a week.. (Tuesday and Saturday) as I’ve 2 children. My youngest starts playgroup full time in September and I was undecided whether to do more days in salon or build up my mobile hair. I’ve spoken to a few of my friends and hairdresser friends and they all said do more at home. That way what I earn is mine. Have u thought about doing a bit of both? Some salons advertise if not u could always speak to your local salons and c what they have to say? X
I'd be happy to do a bit of both, it's just I can fit about 3/4 hair extension fittings a day in salon rather than maybe two on mobile. Not to mention my back is killing me because I don't have a hydraulic chair or a trolley so have to twist and turn to pick up extentions etc. Hence the thought of getting a hair room at my new house.
There's a place here doing chair rental for £15 a day which would work out great. I'm just debating as I probably couldn't work a Sunday there.
There is a woman I've been In touch with that is maybe taking over a salon but there's barely any parking.
It's a bit of a tough spot for me at the minute.

Latest posts

Back