Rent a chair price?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairethehair

Reaction score
Hi, what's a fair price for a daily chair rent rate in a busy village hair salon ?

As a general rule of thumb, daily rent is roughly equivalent to the cost of one standard wash/cut/blow dry for that salon.

As a general rule of thumb, daily rent is roughly equivalent to the cost of one standard wash/cut/blow dry for that salon.
Does this price include shampoos hairsprays colours etc?

That generally depends on the salon owner and what they are willing to include. You may have to pay an amount for each tube you use.
Does this price include shampoos hairsprays colours etc?

Usually you will have one or the other.
A percentage will usually cover stock too or a daily charge which you would usually provide yourself. ( I supplied all colour /peroxide/olaplex) Everything else such as tea coffee towels ect were supplied .....I would Opt for the daily charge if I were you as to be honest a split is too complicated are there are grey areas x

Usually you will have one or the other.
A percentage will usually cover stock too or a daily charge which you would usually provide yourself. ( I supplied all colour /peroxide/olaplex) Everything else such as tea coffee towels ect were supplied .....I would Opt for the daily charge if I were you as to be honest a split is too complicated are there are grey areas x
At the salon I was just at I was charged a daily rent of £70 a day doing four days a week and £75 if doing a 3 day week, I got 20 days 'rent free' which I'm sure we're accounted for somewhere in the price, if I took a random day rather than a week I would have to pay that extra £5 a day for working a 3 day week... I was terms and conditioned to certain days of the week and was not allowed to change them. These prices included everything apart from tubes of tint and my card machine and had to charge what they wanted me to. I'm now opening my own garden room salon and someone wants to do an odd day and a few hours here and there. I don't know how to go about it or how much to charge. She's generally busy and I don't think she would want to do a percentage but if so what percentage would I do? If it was a daily fee what would I charge? I'm a 10 minute drive from the last salon in the town centre where I was charged the above prices, it's of exactly the same standard but with free parking but in a village air conditioned etc... it will include shampoos, conditioners, finishing products, refreshments, peroxides, the upkeep of the salon, price lists, appointment cards.... she just has to pay for tubes of tint, olaplex and her own card machine if she wants one? I'm not sure how much electricity is going to be as I've never done this before, obviously I need to upkeep the salon i.e. Painting and bits and make a little but for me but not put her off? Help!

At the salon I was just at I was charged a daily rent of £70 a day doing four days a week and £75 if doing a 3 day week, I got 20 days 'rent free' which I'm sure we're accounted for somewhere in the price, if I took a random day rather than a week I would have to pay that extra £5 a day for working a 3 day week... I was terms and conditioned to certain days of the week and was not allowed to change them. These prices included everything apart from tubes of tint and my card machine and had to charge what they wanted me to. I'm now opening my own garden room salon and someone wants to do an odd day and a few hours here and there. I don't know how to go about it or how much to charge. She's generally busy and I don't think she would want to do a percentage but if so what percentage would I do? If it was a daily fee what would I charge? I'm a 10 minute drive from the last salon in the town centre where I was charged the above prices, it's of exactly the same standard but with free parking but in a village air conditioned etc... it will include shampoos, conditioners, finishing products, refreshments, peroxides, the upkeep of the salon, price lists, appointment cards.... she just has to pay for tubes of tint, olaplex and her own card machine if she wants one? I'm not sure how much electricity is going to be as I've never done this before, obviously I need to upkeep the salon i.e. Painting and bits and make a little but for me but not put her off? Help!

Wow 70 per day is a lot but to be honest the 20 days a year is attractive so that's reflective of the price.
I wouldn't allow hours here or there... Way to complicated for your books..... And to keep track of. If you really wanted to be flexible you could do a day rate of say 40 (I'm unsure of your area prices but you doubt you can charge the same as a salon as you won't be the same ie no passing trade ect) then if she wanted to do say 3 hours you charge her half day rate. I let the beauty girls at my salon change their days as long as the two don't clash. ( I only have one area, until I redo an additional room) it doesn't bother me as they are starting out so they want to fit clients in and im there 6 days a week. They are not allowed on the premises on a Sunday though. Percentage split is way to complicated but you are looking 60/40 or 70/30 lowest to the owner. Xx

Wow 70 per day is a lot but to be honest the 20 days a year is attractive so that's reflective of the price.
I wouldn't allow hours here or there... Way to complicated for your books..... And to keep track of. If you really wanted to be flexible you could do a day rate of say 40 (I'm unsure of your area prices but you doubt you can charge the same as a salon as you won't be the same ie no passing trade ect) then if she wanted to do say 3 hours you charge her half day rate. I let the beauty girls at my salon change their days as long as the two don't clash. ( I only have one area, until I redo an additional room) it doesn't bother me as they are starting out so they want to fit clients in and im there 6 days a week. They are not allowed on the premises on a Sunday though. Percentage split is way to complicated but you are looking 60/40 or 70/30 lowest to the owner. Xx
Thank you so much you've been so helpful [emoji8]xxxx

Latest posts

Back