rent a chair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tillymay

Reaction score
hi what is the best way to go about renting chairs.. fixed rate or a % who buys stock ect how to make it work 4 the best xx

I rent one chair. It is best to keep it as a separate business from the salon, for vat and tax reasons.

She buys her own stock, handles her own bookings and payments and sets her own hours. She also launders and provides her own towels and other equipment.

I take a set weekly rent, this covers all utility usage.

The vat and tax rules are complex on this subject, we found that setting up and running in this way kept everybody happy.

i rent 1 chair part time and i found the easiest way to do it for me was for her to have control over everything.
we tried it with me getting the stock but she now gets her own stock, does her own bookings etcs.. she has a seperate locked storage for her own towels and equipment etc

i rent my chair on a set rent as then i know what im getting...

whats rough rate to charge , do you give them there own set of keys do i set openin hours or can they come n go as they pleease xx

I charge 200 a week, no junior. 250 a week, share of junior.
I dont give keys, and she sorts her own hours out, I make no demands as she is not an employee.

brill that has really helped loads , i glad you said about the juionor i lookin for a min of 3 and expected every one to use them and me to pay thats brill idea how you do it thank you xxx:D

hi i am about to rent a chair just for 2 afternoons a week so i can have some time off/out. does anyone on here have a rentachair agreement they would be willing to send me please as a template?

i am charging £20 per afternoon ie 4 hours - the town centre only charge £50 per day so i dont feel i can charge anymore :(

you charge 200 per week? is that in pounds? wat dollers is that? so i can compare it to australian dollars... also does anyone rent rooms out to a beuty therpist or somthing? i want to rent mine out but im not sure for how much?

Yes it is in pounds sterling. Is it 3 aussie dollars to the pound? not sure.

oh wow thats like 330 in aus dollers. i must find out becouse i dont think they charge that much here

Remember I am in an expensive part of London. everything is expensive here.

yeah i am in a really expesive area in melbourne so it might be the same.

Hi there,
does anyone have an idea about roughly how much it should be to rent a chair in my area (midlands). I live in a small town and the average price for a cut and b/d is £20. I guess, I would be happy to pay for my own colours and products as it makes things less complicated.
thanks, Kate

Latest posts

Back