Rent a chair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nk nails

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm not sure if there is already a thread on this but I had some quick questions. I wanted to work mobile but I have been very quiet and dont know where its going to go (or not go)

so I'm thinking of ringing round local salons tomorrow and asking if they have any chairs available to rent. Thing is, i'm not really sure how renting works myself as i'm new to all this. I know it varies from salon to salon but any advice would be helpful. For example. Do I pay a set amount of rent a week, lets say £60 and use my own products on clients. That is all.

Or do I pay a set amount of rent a week, use my own products but the salon owner will also take a cut from what I make doing nails?

I'm just a bit confused on how it all works and I think I should have a better idea before ringing round salons tomorrow. At least I can understand things better if I do get offered a chair somewhere.

any advice would help

Thank you :)

I would love to know all this too as a newbie!!

anyone have any advice?

There are lots of thread on this ,

everywhere is divergent some are a flat rate some will take a %age of what you make ,stock is another thing every where different too ,

also depends on what you want to do and what going to work best if you don't have a client base you will be best on a %age ,if you do have enough clients I think is best to pay a flat rate ,

i rented a chair for 6 years on a flat rate and bought all my own stuff :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

thanks for the advice. I will try and find the other threads :)

Latest posts

Back