Renting a room in a community centre

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurajd28

Reaction score
Hi,

I've only recently qualified in Acrylic Nails (NSI) and Spray Tanning (LA Tan), and became self-employed from 1st September 2010. I'm working mobile around my full-time job and September has been much better than I expected.

I've decided that I don't want to be working mobile for too long (I'm absolutely shattered, especially with working all day, and then rushing around after work to 1/2 clients each night). I've been looking into renting a room and have heard about a new community centre that's opening on a big housing estate (not the nicest of areas, but it's a regeneration area so they're working on sprucing it up!!)

I've heard that there are rooms to rent in the community centre and rang to enquire about it. They said that they are still working out the rent/service charge costs but said that I wouldn't pay anywhere near the amount that I'd pay to rent somewhere else. Hopefully they should let me know the costs in the next couple of weeks.
I was also told that there'd be a room that would be perfect for me - 35m2 (not sure how big that is!) with running water (a hair stylist was going to have it but she no longer wants it).
Within the community centre, there are rooms for members of the public to rent, an IT suite, a library, a day-care service, a residents association and a company which helps unemployed people get back into work.

The community centre is still being built and they expect to be open for business at the end of January!

What does everyone think? I think it's a good opportunity, but am interested in other peoples opinions!!!

Thanks
Laura x

Latest posts

Back