Renting a space/nail station advice needed! Back after long break from the industry!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinkleTips69

Reaction score
Hello Geeks!!

It feels very odd being back on here!! I've really missed it!

Anyway, I have had a break from the beauty industry for a couple of years, I had a baby, and then started a business degree, and now after completing my first year, am ready to start a bit of part time work again.

Having run my own business before, I don't fancy going back to being employed - anyone who is self employed, I'm sure you know what I mean!! It's the best feeling working for yourself! Thing is, I'm in the middle of my degree, so it's not the time to be setting up a business again!

Ideally I'd like to work two or three days a week, renting a space. I'd like to send out letters and C.V's to local businesses but am not really sure what to propose. I'm not out to make lots of £££'s, I just want to get back into the industry and also I love the social aspect of the work too.

Can anyone advise me on their own set ups? Both business owners and renting nail techs/therapists? It would be really helpful :)

Is it best to use your own kit and pay a set rent, or to use the salon kit and take a percentage? I'm feeling a bit out of touch with things after such a long break!!

What works for you.....and more importantly, what doesn't or hasn't worked (any situations that have got confusing or complicated)?

Lots of geeky love,

Edith x

Latest posts

Back