Renting a space - nails in hair salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JodiFox

Reaction score
Wondered if anyone could give me a bit of advice. Been offered a table in a large hair salon, in the window. Nice salon, very light and spacious, surrounded by many shops. No one offering nails within about a mile & opposite a tanning shop.

The lady wants £20 rent on the days I work and 10% of my days earnings. I can set my own prices, advertise in the window. She wants me to sign a six month contract, but I'm going to ask to do a months trial before I sign.

Do you think this is a fair offer? Please be honest! Thanks xxx

Personally I would do a set price per day worked or percentage.

You need to calculate your maximum earning potential, then minus the salon charges and cost of materials. Only then you will see if it's beneficial for you.

Most salons offer a months free (or discounted) trial and then arrangements regarding payments are made (percentage or fixed rate).

Good luck x

No, rent or a percentage not both. I think £20 per day and as a courtesy staff in the salon get a discount on their nails. They get their nails done cheap and it's free advertising for you. x

Fully agree NOT both, that's the salon owner being greedy SS

Latest posts

Back