Renting a space within a hairdressers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lenna

Reaction score
hi just hoping some of yous can help me out i have been offered a space within a hair salon well upstairs of it, two rooms its allready set out as it used to be a salon and they are not looking for rent but are looking for percentage of gross takings - fifteen percent, how do you think this sounds and are there any particular questions i need to ask before commiting i have all ready thought of
can i be asked to leave at any time
would i have my own seperate till or would my takings be going through hers?

can you think of others would really appreciate the help, thanks

after thinking of a few more questions What are the hours of the salon? Can I work when they are not open and have a key so I can come and go as I please? Do I need to contribute towards bills esb etc and how does this work out as hair salons use a tonne of water, so I dont want to be sharing water bills with them. They would have the washing machine going all the time too, washing towels! Are the bills split according to the square footage of the area that I would be taking over, would it be possible to see the accounts of the previous tenant and why they did not continue, were they long in business. Is there a door that I could close that would separate me from the salon, Can I have my own phone line to take my own bookings and also will I be able to put up my certificates on my wall? Will we be able to draw up a contract just to protect both of us including minimum notice that must be given etc,

any other things i should be careful of???
thanks

just bumping this up can anyone think of anything i have not covered

the 15% seems a very good deal indeed
You need a written agreement with them to cover all the areas you have identified.Basically you are self employed and therefore provideing a service fo rth eclient
The agreement should be for a fixed period and then you simply cannot be asked to leave--it should also cover things like access,product use,pricing etc etc

Latest posts

Back