Renting chair-building clientele in village

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starboltz

Reaction score
Renting a chair in a large village starting Monday, about 10-15 minutes drive from town centre.

Any advice for building my client base, I can't rely on walk in and I'm not sure what promotions would provide long term custom. I'd love to do an offer for vivids and bleach as a package, but not sure how to word of price it

Facebook page, sharing offers in local buy sell and swap groups, refer a friend schemes

Facebook page for me has boosted business loads. I post lots of before and after pics also run competitions. Even though I pay sponsored ads through Facebook it's much cheaper than any other advertising and we get lots of new customers through it. Good luck

No promotion will bring long term custom, word of mouth and a Facebook page is all you need really, tell every client that you are new and starting to build a client base & you desperately need new customers, people buy into people if they like you and your service they'll recomended you :) it takes a good 18 months to feel like it's starting to be worth it so I hope your getting a good rent deal and are in it for the long haul :) good luck

Totes agree with surf girl. Get some really snazzy biz cards that will double up as app cards and pass 5 or 6 to each client and ask for referrals. I do referral reward of 20% off for my client and anyone they send my way.. and rebook!! Never let them leave without at least asking them. Those clients who are very grey will be in for roots at least every 4 weeks like clock work so they are pretty easy to get in habit of re booking. Then try to get highlights clients in every 6 - 8 weeks etc. Book soon starts to fill up.
I started last may from scratch and up until about may this year I was lucky to see 3-5 a week! Can Def see numbers up since May this year, gross weekly take is virtually double last year though still nowhere near what I want. It will take time so be prepared!

Latest posts

Back