Repigmentation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kareese

Reaction score
Hello,

My normal base color is a medium brunette. For the past few years I have had a blonde highlight on my hair. Lately, I have tried a few times to color these highlights out by using a brunette color over them. I will wait a few days before washing my hair after the color is put in, but the color begins to slide off not only the highlighted area but my whole head of hair with the first shampoo. I use a good shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair, but it's still happening.

Would my best bet be to go to the salon and request a repigmentation in order to have the darker color "stick" to the highlighted areas?

P.s. I do not color my own hair. I have a professional do it, but I do not feel as though I am getting a straight answer from her on what is happening with my hair. Guess it's time to find another stylist as well!

Last edited:
re-pigging it will give it a base as well as putting in the all important red tones ur hair naturally has and stops it going kharki

the problem with light hair is it tends to be very porous meaning it grabs the colour very quickly but lets go quickly as well. u need to allow for some fade no matter what so might be worth goin a little darker then ud like.

u state ur a hair geek, are u a professional urself?

if u aren't happy about the service ur getting from ur hairdresser might be worth trying somewhere new?

Latest posts

Back