Request from a client to provide their own hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammy_Secrets

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I have had a request from a new client on how much I would charge for fitting 150 1g fusion bonds. Clients providing their own hair is not a service I would ordinarily provide as I only supply high quality hair and you risk putting your name to low quality hair. However she wants her beauty works hair putting in and I've been happy with beauty works previously so I may be willing to fit it for her.

How much should you charge for this service approx?

Hi geeks,

I have had a request from a new client on how much I would charge for fitting 150 1g fusion bonds. Clients providing their own hair is not a service I would ordinarily provide as I only supply high quality hair and you risk putting your name to low quality hair. However she wants her beauty works hair putting in and I've been happy with beauty works previously so I may be willing to fit it for her.

How much should you charge for this service approx?

How much do you add onto to the price of the hair for your service? X

I've only been qualified for a few months so my profit margins aren't full price yet while I'm gaining experience

Just charge what you would usually charge for a fitting :)

Just as an extra caution, I would ask her to sign a disclaimer to say you are not responsible for the quality of the hair. Just to cover yourself.
A lady I know charges £60, hope that's a help x

What you could do is a consultation .... A chance for you to see the hair before it's fitted then you can discuss price I know that way it takes your time but at least then you'll know for sure that your happy with quality if hair you can also gauge from this if the client is going to be a pain in the ... :) just a thought x

Put it this way, if a client came in and brought a box of tint with them that they had purchased from Sally's and asked how much to apply it, I'd tell them my normal price for a full head tint.

You don't have to discount your services just because the clients asks you to.

Some people charge per bond, per hour or just charge the mark up as if they were providing the hair. It's your call really. You do need to consider travel costs, your time and any additional costs when working out your prices.

Example:
If you charge £40 and it takes you 4hrs it's £10 per hour that's before you take off tax, fuel costs etc ask yourself is this enough for you & your lifestyle

Some people charge per bond, per hour or just charge the mark up as if they were providing the hair. It's your call really. You do need to consider travel costs, your time and any additional costs when working out your prices.

Example:
If you charge £40 and it takes you 4hrs it's £10 per hour that's before you take off tax, fuel costs etc ask yourself is this enough for you & your lifestyle

I totally agree with this. I think a lot of people only think of their gross profit. I personally think a lot of extensionists out there make no money but because they don't do any bookkeeping they don't realise it.

When I set my prices I know that x % of my turnover is profit in my pocket after accounting for travel, materials, training, advertising etc. I personally don't think £50 for three to four hours work excluding travel time would be worth my while because I know I have to pay for all the things mentioned above out of all the clients I do.

Also remember that it's hard to put your prices up. My prices are higher for people who want to bring their own hair because I try to discourage it.

Hope that helps x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back