Retail commission advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahH2003

Reaction score
I have recently branched out from a home based salon with 2 treatment rooms to a salon with 4 treatment rooms. I have expanded my staff from 1 full timer and 1 part timer to 1 full time and 2 part time plus myself. I offer what I feel is a decent wage, especially as we are running at high capacity, which is £6.50 per hour plus 10% commission on all treatments (so they can be working for around £11 per hour). I currently set the retail at 10% on all retail but I want to set some targets to increase motivation and make it more interesting. It's difficult to know where it is best to set the levels. They are taking about 10% of overall takings in retail. We are a beauty salon that does do ALOT of electrolysis but we are trying to make a bigger feature of skin in the new salon so Skincare obviously has more retail opportunities. I would love it if you would share your percentage levels and commission structures. Thank you.

I would love to know more on this too if any geeks have advice??

Latest posts

Back