Returning to beauty after 8 years?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charbelle

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if this i the right place to post this!
Anyway im just after bit of advice...

I qualified for my nvq3 beauty therapy back in 2004, i got a job in a salon but after 6 months the owner went bankcrupt, tried for lots of other beauty jobs but they said i didnt have enough experience!

Anyway i just left it and went on to do other work but now i would really like to be back doing what i love!

Has anyone got any advice on how i can do this?

Hi Charbelle,

My suggestion would be to either do a few short, intensive courses or just loads of practice on friends etc to get your confidence back and renew your treatment skills.
Then you can start applying for positions or if that doesnt fit in with your lifestyle perhaps do home visiting or set up a room from home or rent a room in a salon or similar.
You will soon be back into again just do all the practice/refresher courses first as your self confidence is the most important thing, good luck!

Hi, not sure if this i the right place to post this!
Anyway im just after bit of advice...

I qualified for my nvq3 beauty therapy back in 2004, i got a job in a salon but after 6 months the owner went bankcrupt, tried for lots of other beauty jobs but they said i didnt have enough experience!

Anyway i just left it and went on to do other work but now i would really like to be back doing what i love!

Has anyone got any advice on how i can do this?

Hi im in the same boat if you want to swop ideas xx

Hi Hun :) I was in a similar position, I decided to go mobile, started properly in April (was doing friends and family from jan onwards) I am now booked up every evening :) I aiming to one day quit my full time job to continue with beauty :) maybe you could try mobile to build up your experience again? Xxx

I'm exactly the same! I qualified l2 in 2005 n didn't go on to do l3 as I didn't want to do electrical treatments. I had to get a 'proper' job as my husband calls it when we brought our house. We now have 3 kids and I'm desperate to get back in there and work for myself now.

I'm looking into doing lash extensions , tanning as well as the l2 treatments I learnt but it just seems so scary getting back out there xxxx

Latest posts

Back