Returning to work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millytint

Reaction score
Here's the thing: I rented a room in a hair and beauty salon for about 18 months, i was doing really well, but then i left on mat leave. I have since spoken to the owner and now she wants to change from a set weekly rent to taking 30% of all my earnings when i go back. Now i understand that with this, the more i earn the more money she gets, which is going to leave me with less than i was on before. So now i am really not sure what to do.

Can anybody give me any advice please?

Much appreciated.

Here's the thing: I rented a room in a hair and beauty salon for about 18 months, i was doing really well, but then i left on mat leave. I have since spoken to the owner and now she wants to change from a set weekly rent to taking 30% of all my earnings when i go back. Now i understand that with this, the more i earn the more money she gets, which is going to leave me with less than i was on before. So now i am really not sure what to do.

Can anybody give me any advice please?

Much appreciated.

Can you set a capped amount that she will get?

Thanks for your reply yes that is an idea x

Hi
A positive from that is if you are off with your child due to illness or even on holiday you shouldn't have to pay out rent. It may work in your favor at the moment. My little girl is a really well child and I haven't had to have too much time off with her but I have friends who are off all the time!
If you were doing well though the cap is a good idea.
Josie x

Latest posts

Back