Rhinestones on Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bahar84

Reaction score
Hi ladies... I am new to this and wanting to find out about putting rhinestones on shellac. Ive tried sticking it onto the second layer then cure then top coat around them and curing but the rhinestones fell off a few hours later on one finger out of 4. If i was to do 2 colour coats and cure each time, then put a small blob of clear gel on tacky surface push rhinestone into it then cure the top coat, would the gel bond to the shellac?

Otherwise i was thinking glueing the rhinestones onto the top coat or second layer but thought that would make it an extra long process.

Any suggestions would help alot...

Thanks

I use a hard gel to set them in, those baby's don't move then!

If they are flat and not huge I lightly buff the top coat, a dot of nail glue then one or 2 coats of top coat all around but not over the crystal. If there are a few I use a detailed brush to carefully go around them.
For chatons or large crystals I set in acrylic. And I put 3 chatons together and fill in all around with acrylic to ensure there are no gaps to snag anything.

Thanks ladies...

If i use a hard gel once i remove the tacky layer, will hard gel bond onto this without primer and proper prep or should i put hard gel on tacky surface?
Hope this doesnt sound dumb

I use a hard gel to set them in, those baby's don't move then!

Sounds good thanks :)
If i use a hard gel once i remove the tacky layer, will hard gel bond onto this without primer and proper prep or should i put hard gel on tacky surface?
Hope this doesnt sound dumb

I tried smoothing or sculpting gel over shellac and then brisa lite top coat. Works just fine but if' you having problems finding brisa lite like me I wouldn't suggest it...

I've tried Nsi Secrets builder gel on myself to secure crystals and it's the only time I've lost them so I wouldn't recommend it

I use the nsi builder gel without wiping the tacky layer off the gel polish underneath. Cure. Give them a prod with the cuticle tool after curing to check they are all on then topcoat. I haven't had problems with this as Cinderella has, but there doesn't seem to be a universal method that everyone uses I think its all trial and error of what works for you!

Latest posts

Back