Right-does this count?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura1993

Reaction score
I hope I'm in the right section!

Well at college I did a fake bake lotion course in tanning, where I used to work I have been shown to do spray tans and I did then often in the salon to clients.

I'm not planning on offering tans at the moment as someone comes in and does them at the salon I'm at now but for the future would I be classed as qualified in tanning as I have a certificate, I learnt all the contra indications and safety side of tanning but my cert says 'lotion application'...

What do you say?!

xx

I hope I'm in the right section!

Well at college I did a fake bake lotion course in tanning, where I used to work I have been shown to do spray tans and I did then often in the salon to clients.

I'm not planning on offering tans at the moment as someone comes in and does them at the salon I'm at now but for the future would I be classed as qualified in tanning as I have a certificate, I learnt all the contra indications and safety side of tanning but my cert says 'lotion application'...

What do you say?!

xx
You only have a manual tanning certificate (from college) so you are only qualified in manual tanning.
If you decide to offer spray tanning you need a spray tan qualification to be covered by insurance.

Officially, you're trained in lotion tan and have yet to qualify in spray tan. I guess it's more a question of will insurers support you to carry out both methods if you're not certified in both.

I did the Fake Bake spray tan course and it's very affordable because you don't have to buy the equipment. For what it's worth I would definitely recommend doing this (or similar) because as well as getting the piece of paper, you'll have that sense of pride and solid information that you can only really get from a full training course (rather than being shown by a colleague).

Hope that helps :)

Thanks BaggyBear, this was what I thought!
Oh well I'm not planning on bringing it in just yet!
xx

Thank you :)
I know, you get a sense of pride thinking HA yeah I am trained properly!
xx

Latest posts

Back