Rockstars with Gelish help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albarn

Reaction score
hi juist wondering how you all do your gelish rockstars as i did some today dont know if they were done right and wasnt completely happy with them, i did prep on the nail, base coat, cure then glitter and pressed in, then top coat, cure then second top coat cure thanks in advance for any advice.

hi juist wondering how you all do your gelish rockstars as i did some today dont know if they were done right and wasnt completely happy with them, i did prep on the nail, base coat, cure then glitter and pressed in, then top coat, cure then second top coat cure thanks in advance for any advice.

Did you do a colour coat? x

After curing Foundation You can also put a layer of colour, cure, add glitter into tacky layer, then continue with TIO

ETA colour should match/enhance glitter choice

no i just did silver glitter i didnt think about a colour coat to be honest, i'm still fairly new to nails and i've just started to rent a beauty room and am trying to find my way,

no i just did silver glitter i didnt think about a colour coat to be honest, i'm still fairly new to nails and i've just started to rent a beauty room and am trying to find my way,

I do the same as dol (although I'm new to gelish I've been using shellac).

Foundation - cure
Colour - cure
Glitter into tacky layer
TIO - cure
TIO again - cure (so they are nice and smooth)

x

I use NSI pro polish. I read on another thread that some cure after applying glitter aswel, do you find this better? I always prep, base coat, cure 2 mins, colour, cure 2 mins, colour again, cure 2 mins, apply glitter press into nail brush off excess glitter, top coat, cure 2 mins x

I use NSI pro polish. I read on another thread that some cure after applying glitter aswel, do you find this better? I always prep, base coat, cure 2 mins, colour, cure 2 mins, colour again, cure 2 mins, apply glitter press into nail brush off excess glitter, top coat, cure 2 mins x

I've tried sprinkling the glitter onto uncured shellac and then curing. It gave a really rough finish and personally I prefer the other method of using the tacky layer. I use a very fluffy eye shadow brush and dab the glitter on to get a really sparkly finish like in the pic below or I use a stiffer gel brush and burnish the glitter to get a flatter foil like appearance

Hth

x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362263691.046640.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362263691.046640.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 108

Oh and I always do just one colour coat as I find you don't need two with the glitter coverage and it saves on time and product :) x

I find curing before glitter better.

By the way, you only cure base coat for 1 minute - if you over cure the base coat it can turn 'glass like' and chip.

I do:

Foundation - 1 min cure
Dry brush
Colour coat - 2 min cure
Apply glitter and really burnish it in to the sticky later
Use fan brush to remove all excess glitter and ensure all glitter is flat
Top coat - 2 min cure
Top coat again - 2 min cure
Remove inhibition layer
Apply solar oil

:) job done! Lovely smooth sparkly nails :)

XxxX

I started off puting the glitter onto the tacky foundation gel. But found it was quite thick. After doing quite a bit of research and reading on here, people said about putting a colour coat down and using a dry brush to dab the glitter onto the tacky colour gel. I found this works much better as you use less glitter and comes off a lot smoother :)

I use the tacky layer aswel. Dont know if i explained properly, my fault! Another thread it mentioned prep, base coat, cure 10 secs, colour, cure 2 mins, glitter, cure 2 mins then 2 layers of top coat curing after each. I never cure with glitter exposure on top i always top coat and then cure. Does that make sense? lol its been a long day! x

I use the tacky layer aswel. Dont know if i explained properly, my fault! Another thread it mentioned prep, base coat, cure 10 secs, colour, cure 2 mins, glitter, cure 2 mins then 2 layers of top coat curing after each. I never cure with glitter exposure on top i always top coat and then cure. Does that make sense? lol its been a long day! x

Oh I see lol. If you have cured the layer before putting glitter onto the tacky layer then there would be no benefit to curing again as the layer has already been cured :) is that what you mean?

x

Yep thats what i meant as it confused me when i read on the other thread as didnt know what benefit it would have as the layer of colour under the glitter had already been cured, so thought i was missing something lol x

Hi just wanted to know how you r getting on with polish pro .as some of my friends can keep it for 2weeks but on most of them it peels off . I'm trying really thin application . How long have you been using polish pro .any tricks ???

Hi just wanted to know how you r getting on with polish pro .as some of my friends can keep it for 2weeks but on most of them it peels off . I'm trying really thin application . How long have you been using polish pro .any tricks ???

I seem to get on with it pretty well. I have been using it since November. A friend uses gelish and i personally prefer the NSI. No tricks really apart from the obvious of not getting too close to cuticle area as it will peel off/lift if applied on skin. My toes have been on for 8 weeks! x

thanks for all the great advice girls, i have been doing gelish for about a year now so like i said still feel fairly new but dont do a lot in the way of glitter, will have another go now though now i got some tips thanks:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back