Room rent rates - how much is too much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forevervodka

Reaction score
Hi There,

Were just starting out, and have been lucky (I feel) to find a treatment room in a busy high street salon.

The owners seem very nice, and they work in conjunction with a "marketing" guy, who seems to hold the reins on all of their decisions.

The room is very small. It just fits a couch in there and a trolley, there is not much room for anything else. We were asked for a price list from the marketing man, and then were quoted £90 as a day rate - We feel we were given this rate once he'd seen how much we may earn.

We have negotiated a rate of £40 a day for 2 days a week on a 12 week trial period, as we felt that £90 was just too high. We use all our own products, use our own phones etc etc. They have been good at promoting us so far.

My question is HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH???? We have no idea what other rooms may charge as a day rate......

Hi There,

Were just starting out, and have been lucky (I feel) to find a treatment room in a busy high street salon.

The owners seem very nice, and they work in conjunction with a "marketing" guy, who seems to hold the reins on all of their decisions.

The room is very small. It just fits a couch in there and a trolley, there is not much room for anything else. We were asked for a price list from the marketing man, and then were quoted £90 as a day rate - We feel we were given this rate once he'd seen how much we may earn.

We have negotiated a rate of £40 a day for 2 days a week on a 12 week trial period, as we felt that £90 was just too high. We use all our own products, use our own phones etc etc. They have been good at promoting us so far.

My question is HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH???? We have no idea what other rooms may charge as a day rate......

It depends how much u name where the salon is and all those things but 90 daily is 2 much haha. But it couldn't be if it was in a posh salon lol.

It is a nice salon, but its not uber posh. They seem to be indicating that they want some funding from us to hold a ladies night to launch the beauty treatments side of things.

Were happy with the £40 a day rate at the moment, but not sure how to play things when the 12 weeks is up. We have no idea what kind of room rate other people pay, and are finding it hard to find out.

If you rent a room - what do you pay?

I can try and help as I rent out rooms at my centre. What does your rent include? X

Rent includes the use of the room. Use of their towels - and that's it.

They are promoting us in their salon though

£90 x5 = £450 a week
£450 x 52 weeks = £23400

For 1 room this is far too much. You could lease your own shop for that amount.
£40 x 5 = £200
£200 x 52 weeks = £10400
If the above includes everything then I would say that it's a fair price but if it doesn't then you are paying too much.
Good luck

Latest posts

Back