Room rental (for cosmetic tattooing)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouiseG123

Reaction score
Hi there,
I've recently qualified as a semi permanent makeup technician and am now looking to rent a room to carry out these procedures. I would also happily work within a beauty clinic/salon (sharing commision of my treatments with the salon owner).

I'm looking to rent a room/work within a beauty salon 2 days a week on either Friday's, Saturday's or Sunday's (in the hope that I could eventually go full time with these procedures).

I am based in Clapham (South West London) but am willing to travel for the right place.

Would love to hear back from anyone who is interested and I am also open to advice on where best to find what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your time,
Louise

Hi there,
I've recently qualified as a semi permanent makeup technician and am now looking to rent a room to carry out these procedures. I would also happily work within a beauty clinic/salon (sharing commision of my treatments with the salon owner).

I'm looking to rent a room/work within a beauty salon 2 days a week on either Friday's, Saturday's or Sunday's (in the hope that I could eventually go full time with these procedures).

I am based in Clapham (South West London) but am willing to travel for the right place.

Would love to hear back from anyone who is interested and I am also open to advice on where best to find what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your time,
Louise

Hi Louise,
Have you put together a portfolio of your work yet?
Warm wishes,
Zara

Hi Zara,
Thank you for your message. I would be more than happy to send you over pictures of the work I've done so far and a little bit of info about myself.
As my post said, I'm new to the world of SPMU and so I'm hoping to create a gorgeous, professional portfolio in the very near future.
I just need to get my foot into a salon so that so can start working and building my skills (I'm actually booked in for an extra brow workshop this Thursday as I'm so keen to pick up new tricks)!

If you are interested in seeing my work or would like to know more about me, then please let me know your email address and I will send over this evening.

Have a lovely day and look forward to hearing from you.
Louise

Hi Louise,
I would start putting together a portfolio to show to prospective salons, that's what they will want to see before considering working with you. Is the brow workshop with finishing touches? If so, I've done that one, it's very good. Another thing you could do, is ask to 'shadow' a pmu artist for the day, there are lots of Facebook groups which can be really useful, you could ask on there. I would start by booking as many 'case studies' as you can and using those to build your portfolio - good luck :)

Hi Zara,
I guess I do have a portfolio in that case as I have sent over a file of my 'before and after' shots to a salon owner but I'm hoping to have a much more professional one (hoping to buy a Glamcor light etc so that my works clear to see etc). The salon owner actually does want to work with me but she is proving to be so busy that everything to do with me and SPMU has been put on hold. I was originally told the contract would be ready and signed by the start of September, however, she's just told me that although HR has prepared and sent her the contract, she hasn't had a chance to look at it and isn't free to meet me until mid October now.

So, I'm quite disappointed and frustrated by this news and so am trying to be as proactive as possible (and not put all my eggs in one basket) and find out if anyone else could potentially be interested in me.

I do really appreciate your messaging Zara and the advice you have given.
I've joined quite a lot of forums on Facebook but think shadowing is a great idea. Is there anyone who you know that does this in London as I have been searching for this topic within my forums (but have seen others post about shadow of a mentor but didn't get a response).

Thursday's training is with Tracey Simpson from Natural Enhancements. Really looking forward to it and hope to pick up a few gems :) I've heard of Finishing Touches, it's always good to have recommendations though and so will keep them in mind if I ever am looking for further training.
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back