Room too small to rent??!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMB

Reaction score
I am leaving my full time office job - at last! at the end of this month and have decided to work part time to earn money for bills and rent a room part time to start my long-awaited beauty business. I have looked at a room which is about 20 minutes from where I live, it is in a Tanning Salon, in the high street and apprently they have many requests for waxing/nails. The only thing is the room is really quite small. I could fit my couch and a trolley in there, but if I wanted to put a manicure table in there, it would mean pushing the couch up against the wall and it would be a squeeze. I have been trying to find other rooms to rent that are bigger, but it seems to be really hard to get one for just 2 days a week to start with (as I can't afford to rent for a whole week until I build up my clientelle, due to mortgage and bills to pay as well! Does any one have any comments on this? I thought if I just rented it for a couple of days to start with just for a short time and then tried to move to a bigger room. Not too sure what to do and don't want to pass on this room and then regret it?! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I know a tech who works from home and uses her beauty couch as a table which saves space and cost. She has a nice couch cover on it and keeps her products in a set of drawers on wheels that fit under the couch, again saving space.
It could be a way to go if you think the room is too small to fit both in.

hiya
i started out in a small room and just used to do my extensions and mani's etc over the couch not ideal i know but it saves cluttering up the room, stayed there for year and a half while building up my client base and now got my own salon and they've come with me, good luck
p.s would they consider letting you have a corner of the tanning salon to put a nail bar in?

thanks for your prompt replies!

Yeah they did mention about putting a nail table in the reception area, which is an option, was just wondering if clients would be put off by going into a cramped room as well though?

to be honest it depends, ive had traetments in loads of places and the best was a tiny room in a posh hotel, you could just get round the couch, but once a client is lying there they dont care as long as it is a good treatment, as long as you have enough room to treat!! they put up huge mirrors and had storage under the couch and sink etc to make the room appear bigger.

I am leaving my full time office job - at last! at the end of this month and have decided to work part time to earn money for bills and rent a room part time to start my long-awaited beauty business. I have looked at a room which is about 20 minutes from where I live, it is in a Tanning Salon, in the high street and apprently they have many requests for waxing/nails. The only thing is the room is really quite small. I could fit my couch and a trolley in there, but if I wanted to put a manicure table in there, it would mean pushing the couch up against the wall and it would be a squeeze. I have been trying to find other rooms to rent that are bigger, but it seems to be really hard to get one for just 2 days a week to start with (as I can't afford to rent for a whole week until I build up my clientelle, due to mortgage and bills to pay as well! Does any one have any comments on this? I thought if I just rented it for a couple of days to start with just for a short time and then tried to move to a bigger room. Not too sure what to do and don't want to pass on this room and then regret it?! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
why don't you have the beauty couch upstairs in the room and do your pedicures upsatirs and have you manicure table down stairs that way you will have plenty of space and also you will get your customers aswell cause they will see you at your table and also you advertise on it aswell

Latest posts

Back