Root -v- colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Absie

Reaction score
So when does a root retouch become a colour correction...?

i have a client who doesn't like to come to the salon often, and when she does, shes always booked in for a bleach root retouch and often has checked on the price.

So i understand the heat of the head will mean that roots processes quicker then say, mids or ends.
With that in mind, when someone has say 1/2 " of root i simply go ahead and paint on the bleach, process and voila...(i tone afterwards at the bowl too)

But, when does it become necessary for a 2 stage process.....ie, painting the mid lenghts (or root strectch) first and then going back in a doing the roots.

Now i reaslie the thickness of the hair will make a difference....but i guess im after a general....well if hair is fine then you can process roots in one go upto 1" etc

Is there a general rule of thumb..?

I say any longer than 6 weeks and it's a colour correction you have to use foil or other such to heat the hair further from the root and I explain this to my clients :)

Latest posts

Back