roots too brassy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missk4ra

Reaction score
I coloured a clients hair with wella 12/1 but the roots have gone quite brassy, what would anyone suggest to correct this??

I would appreciate any suggestions as I am really not happy with the result!

Hi :).

I personally would reapply and develop visually.. Just out of interest..
Did you leave the colour on for the full development time? A Wella Trainer once told me to leave the tint for an hour and the tone will only deposit in the last ten mins..

hi,
thanks for your message!!

yeah i did leave it on for an hour it just looks brassy, i'm just not too keen to re-colour , do you think if I tried a toner it would make a difference?

Hi again.. It depends how brassy it is.. Also if the length and ends are very pale you would still need to make sure to just get the root area to avoid 'grab' on the ends..

From my experience I would reapply. I have a feeling that it needs to be lifted a bit lighter but obviously it is difficult to advise without actually seeing the hair. Xx

Hi :).

I personally would reapply and develop visually.. Just out of interest..
Did you leave the colour on for the full development time? A Wella Trainer once told me to leave the tint for an hour and the tone will only deposit in the last ten mins..

I second this too :)
Make sure you lay plenty of tint on, i find that helps
xox

I coloured a clients hair with wella 12/1 but the roots have gone quite brassy, what would anyone suggest to correct this??

I would appreciate any suggestions as I am really not happy with the result!

What base level is her natural hair.
In my experience, if the natural base level is below a level 8, it usually goes too gold/brassy. Maybe you could try adding a very small amount of special mix ash to the 12/1 and reapply to the roots.

:)

Latest posts

Back