Royal Mail leaflet drop

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Morning geeks

Has anyone done a leaflet drop through the Royal Mail service?

I'm thinking of either going through them or my local newspaper.

I know this isn't very helpful but have read a lot on here of Geeks that have done leaflet drops with very little success rate. Personally I wouldn't do one and can imagine Royal Mail's to be quite pricey.

I have gained all my clients through word of mouth and Facebook - and am full time :s Take a look at Lyn Bakers marketing thread for loads of ideas (I can't seem to link from phone)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Did an old fashioned post leaflet myself - no response at all! Try Internet ads or local paper x

Our salon actually does very well out of leaflet drops, and so do many others.

It's horses for courses, some do well, some don't. There are dozens of factors why that might be.

If you're getting no response from your leafleting then it's either because you're in a bad area in terms of competition, or your business doesn't look attractive enough to people as a proposition.

Stack those odds in your favour by creating a "call to action"- give them a reason to ring you that's over and above a badly designed leaflet that's a list of your services and prices.

Integrate it with any other marketing you're doing (such as Facebook or the web). Any marketing in isolation is a total waste of time.

Even if you're not getting it designed professionaly there's no excuse for a bad leaflet, as it'll actually do more harm than good- especially as we're all in an industry where aesthetics count. Write it cleverly, make it current, make it seasonal- whatever you can do to inject some personality.

But with regards to the OP- sounds pricey. If I were you I'd DIY it to a certain extent to test the market.

Get 5,000 flyers printed, and get your family and friends to get their trainers on for a weekend. If it works well, it's another potential string to your marketing bow, if it doesn't work then perhaps it's not for you.

Thank you all your replies.

The area I'm in very affluent, I do think a leaflet drop will work.

I have seen the thread by Lynne it's brilliant! Took me 3 days to nite everything down and action it.

I'm on fb, twitter, have my own website. I'm on all the free websites mentioned on Lynne's thread.

I'm not actually too far from you in stoke poges (wexham street) I done a leaflet drop and seemed to get a few from it I also put a leaflet holder on the on the gate so people could take one when passing which has worked wonders for me as im next to a garden centre people just grabbed one when they were walking back the car x

We did a leaflet drop for the salon and it worked really well. The way I see it is, if you were to advertise in a paper then you'd have to hope the client turns to that page and notices your ad. With leaflet drops, when they get their post they will definitely see it! And register that you exist so even if they don't need a service at the time, they may in future or mention it to a friend xx

instead of basci leaflet drop try a customised delivery on the royal mail biz page. mine cost me less than £50. clear prospects its called.xx

instead of basci leaflet drop try a customised delivery on the royal mail biz page. mine cost me less than £50. clear prospects its called.xx

Hi there how do I go about this?

Thank you all your replies.

The area I'm in very affluent, I do think a leaflet drop will work.

I have seen the thread by Lynne it's brilliant! Took me 3 days to nite everything down and action it.

I'm on fb, twitter, have my own website. I'm on all the free websites mentioned on Lynne's thread.

Which thread?? :D

Which thread?? :D

It's called 'More ways to promote your business' by Lynne Baker, it's a fab thread, it's in the biz forum and should come up in the search x

Extensionize has hit the nail on the head for me personally. Your leaflet has to look the part and have a strong, clear call to action.

It should scream the reasons why they absolutely have to visit you and be free from any spelling & grammar mistakes and be visually appealing.

I'd also add that targeting effectively is also another area to look at. For example, affluent areas are likely to have more disposable income than other not-so affluent areas.

Establish what it is you're trying to achieve and plan accordingly.

If I remember rightly, direct mail has approximately a 2% conversion rate so if you did a 5,000 leaflet drop and it was executed correctly, you'd look to expect approx' 100 new appointments. Of course, these are just marketing figures and not tailored by industry but it does give you some food for thought.

Good luck with whatever route you decide to take.

Latest posts

Back