Ruby & Wing UV colour changing polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twid

Reaction score
I bought a pale baby blue ages ago and couldn't get it to "work" for the life of me. I thought it was like Gel II Reactions and changed with heat, it drove me crazy. There were no instructions and I didn't understand what "inside/outside" meant on the lids! DOH. After doing some research.............. who knew, go OUTSIDE in the sun and it changes! I now love the fact that its UV changing and not heat as that makes so much more sense when worn on holiday. So now I've got 5 more with the plan to get a few more in the next few days, I wanted to share and see if anyone else has been using it?

First set of colour pops (inside, no UV), second set (outside) - quite a difference and they change so quickly (I didn't leave it that long before taking the piccie as they go darker still (you'll see from the second "toes" picture), Please excuse my "trotters", in the next 2 pictures, it was to show the difference on real feet, plus a little glitter (can't beat a little glitter LOL)!!

(just realised colour pop 4 & 5 in second set have been transposed!)
ruby and wing uv colour changing polish (1) small.jpg
ruby and wing uv colour changing polish (2) small.jpg
ruby and wing uv colour changing polish (3) small.jpg
ruby and wing uv colour changing polish (4) small.jpg

I bought a pale baby blue ages ago and couldn't get it to "work" for the life of me. I thought it was like Gel II Reactions and changed with heat, it drove me crazy. There were no instructions and I didn't understand what "inside/outside" meant on the lids! DOH. After doing some research.............. who knew, go OUTSIDE in the sun and it changes! I now love the fact that its UV changing and not heat as that makes so much more sense when worn on holiday. So now I've got 5 more with the plan to get a few more in the next few days, I wanted to share and see if anyone else has been using it?

First set of colour pops (inside, no UV), second set (outside) - quite a difference and they change so quickly (I didn't leave it that long before taking the piccie as they go darker still (you'll see from the second "toes" picture), Please excuse my "trotters", in the next 2 pictures, it was to show the difference on real feet, plus a little glitter (can't beat a little glitter LOL)!!

(just realised colour pop 4 & 5 in second set have been transposed!)
View attachment 188072 View attachment 188073 View attachment 188074 View attachment 188075
I'm so glad you've posted this as I've been looking at these this weekend online, you tube etc and want to purchase a couple to try as think they could be a great little investment for my mobile nail business.

What are they like in terms of application and dry time?

I'm so glad you've posted this as I've been looking at these this weekend online, you tube etc and want to purchase a couple to try as think they could be a great little investment for my mobile nail business.

What are they like in terms of application and dry time?

Really like them, some are a little thin in consistency like the baby blue & pink but I just apply a little more and it's fine. They dry pretty quickly too, I use vinylux so everything in comparison takes longer but I think it's not bad.

Karaxxx

They've been very popular for us in the salon, we've got these colours:

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1433718143.310401.jpg

Colour pops under each bottle are how they look after UV light exposure.

Oh Fee they are lovely, especially the glitter - its on my list for my next order, tomorrow!

Karaxxx

Oh Fee they are lovely, especially the glitter - its on my list for my next order, tomorrow!

Karaxxx

They really are nice, it's a good idea to google for swatches before you purchase though, as they really don't translate well in the S2 catalogue or online. We ended up with a couple of colours that were nothing like we expected, so I checked them out on google really well before my second order x

Latest posts

Back