Rules for Novice competition?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i have been thinking about entering the nail competition at Excel in February, even though i know i need alot more practise and skill to get to competition standard. I was wondering how long you have to be doing nails for to enter, or if their is a time limit to be considered a novice?

Also where can i get the info so i know what they are looking for, as i know a salon standard nail is different to a competition nail??

i was reading about the comps in scratch, no matter how long you have been doing nails, you are a novice if you haven't competed. novice is open to students, newly qualified, and people who have never entered a comp.

hope this helps!

I want to enter a nail art one, but i think i need more time to think up what design i want to do and more time to practice!

Thanks luckybird, i wasn't too sure really where i stood in the nail comps. I have to say i mainly want to do it to use it as a learning tool really. I feel i have a long way to go yet, but it means i will just have to practise before it happens.

I'd say go for it with the nail art, that's another one i wouldn't mind entering. Do you know if you pay for every bit you enter or is it one fee?

I think you need to get hold of the competition rules because they have changed. I think you need to be doing nails less than 1 year to be a novice but it may be up to judges discretion so I would ask.

Latest posts

Back