Russian or Brazilian hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizhanna93

Reaction score
Best type of hair in people's opinion?

I don't believe that either of these hair types actually exists. Those are mere names used to distinguish different textures of hair from each other and as a marketing tool.
'Russian' hair can't technically even exist because you'd first have to decide who qualified as Russian and who didn't. There are many different peoples living in modern Russia. Apart from that, Russian women are amongst the vainest on earth, so I really don't see it happening! A tiny amount of the hair sold worldwide might come from Russia, Ukraine, Moldova etc but it's just a drop in the ocean. Western people believe everything they're told anyway, especially when it involves a sob story.
There is a similar situation in Brazil, many different peoples live there and there is no such thing as 'Brazilian'. You can be German like Gisele Bundchen, Italian like Alessandra Ambrosio or mixed like Daiane dos Santos but have Brazilian citizenship. It doesn't mean anything.
We'll never really know where the hair comes from unless laws are introduced that ask for clear labeling.
It doesn't matter anyway, as long as the hair is good and fulfills its purpose.

The best type of hair is the hair that best matches your natural hair type.

I don't believe that either of these hair types actually exists. Those are mere names used to distinguish different textures of hair from each other and as a marketing tool.
'Russian' hair can't technically even exist because you'd first have to decide who qualified as Russian and who didn't. There are many different peoples living in modern Russia. Apart from that, Russian women are amongst the vainest on earth, so I really don't see it happening! A tiny amount of the hair sold worldwide might come from Russia, Ukraine, Moldova etc but it's just a drop in the ocean. Western people believe everything they're told anyway, especially when it involves a sob story.
There is a similar situation in Brazil, many different peoples live there and there is no such thing as 'Brazilian'. You can be German like Gisele Bundchen, Italian like Alessandra Ambrosio or mixed like Daiane dos Santos but have Brazilian citizenship. It doesn't mean anything.
We'll never really know where the hair comes from unless laws are introduced that ask for clear labeling.
It doesn't matter anyway, as long as the hair is good and fulfills its purpose.

There are many people living below the poverty line in Russia and many stories of slum children & prisoners being exploited for their hair - That does not mean to say that I believe all hair labelled as Russian is truly Russian but it is out there and people are being exploited daily for it.

There are many people living below the poverty line in Russia and many stories of slum children & prisoners being exploited for their hair - That does not mean to say that I believe all hair labelled as Russian is truly Russian but it is out there and people are being exploited daily for it.

I'm Russian, are you? Poverty in Russia pretty much always involves alcohol and lots of it, in recent times also krokodil. I don't think people like that take care of their hair. It's also highly unlikely that all prisoners have long luscious locks. Yes I'm sure there is a minimal amount of it, but it's not enough. Also why does everyone assume Russian people have nice hair?

I know a Latvian with the most amazing natural 24" hair, nothing special used, also a series on romanians, unbelievable poverty in Romania but naturally full shiny hair. I guess its not a cultural or heritage thing but I did wonder why it wasnt an emerging charity like a lot of brazillian hair projects are,,,,

Anyway ive never used either so couldnt comment :)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm Russian, are you? Poverty in Russia pretty much always involves alcohol and lots of it, in recent times also krokodil. I don't think people like that take care of their hair. It's also highly unlikely that all prisoners have long luscious locks. Yes I'm sure there is a minimal amount of it, but it's not enough. Also why does everyone assume Russian people have nice hair?

I am not Russian, No, I am british but do not know or claim to know everything that goes on in every corner of the UK.

You only have to look around for stories of children having their hair taken against their will and similar - it certainly goes on.

As I said before, I do not for a second think that all Russian labelled hair is actually Russian, more like a 0.9% (as an emample) Russian mixed with something else but I cannot know for sure, non of us can.

I have a Russian friend. She has come to England to have a better quality of life. She said before she moved over her mum cut her pony tail off for extensions. She said over there she lived under the poverty line like a lot of people in russia, and if you were known to have healthy shiny hair cutting it off and selling the pony tail was very common if your desperate for money. I'm waiting until she grows her hair back to her bum so I can snip it off ;) lol (joking btw) xxx

I'm Russian. And I go to Russia and Ukraine pretty often. And I see the women with fantastic hair 20-24", perfectly maintained. I lived in Paris for 16 years and even there I never saw so much nice hair than in Russia and Ukraine. Tu peux me croire!

So, stop telling lies about the "exploited" children and women from prisons. There are different cultures, and in Russia the hair for women is kind of real estate :D Sure, there are different living conditions trough the country, but do speculate on "hand-to-mouth existence" of Russian women.

The REAL Russian hair is rare. I agree. The quality is hard to find. I agree. And when the hair is advertised as "Russian Remy" is way different from Russian Virgin or Russian Colored. Remy refers to the way the hair is handled and stored (root-to-tip) and that there is no artificial fibers. That's it.

In a "Remy Russian" you can have hair from different origins and ages. In a ponytail of a Russian Virgin or Russian Colored there is nothing else than the original one person's hair. Simple as that.

Latest posts

Back