Sacroiliac joint dysfunction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jemma890

Reaction score
I've been asked by somebody who has this if I will massage them, to be honest this is not something I've come across before so a little unsure of what to do.
I gave it a quick google and it looks like she should be seeing someone who deals more along the lines of posture. She told me hers is at the point where the doctors have recommended surgery.

I just offer Swedish massage.

Any advice would be great, would you massage their back or should it be avoided

Thanks xx

I have this and have to go into hospital and have injections to try and ease the pain I also go to a Physio every other week to get massage it hurts like hell but is really good ....I would recommend getting a letter from her gp to make sure she is fit for massage x

I have this and have to go into hospital and have injections to try and ease the pain I also go to a Physio every other week to get massage it hurts like hell but is really good ....I would recommend getting a letter from her gp to make sure she is fit for massage x

Out of interest, does heat help your condition eg : hot stone or lava shell massage?

Out of interest, does heat help your condition eg : hot stone or lava shell massage?

Physio tells me to use cold packs ten mins massage ten mins (pretty hard to do on yourself so use a tennis ball in a sock ) and heat ten mins every day ....it takes down any inflammation but doesn't take the pain away if I'm honest ...have tried hot stone and again it helps initially but effects don't last long x

If she just want's a massage..then fine. but check how tender / inflamed that area is.

If she want's massage to help her condition, then I don't think Swedish will.

She could try:

sports therapy
phsyio
osteopath
or acupuncture

You'd be amazed at the amount of people who think going under the knife is the only option when the only other thing they have tried is tablets or injections.
I'm totally biased and I say acupuncture...but then I am an aupuncturist. :)

Thanks for the advice everyone xx

If she just want's a massage..then fine. but check how tender / inflamed that area is.

If she want's massage to help her condition, then I don't think Swedish will.

She could try:

sports therapy
phsyio
osteopath
or acupuncture

You'd be amazed at the amount of people who think going under the knife is the only option when the only other thing they have tried is tablets or injections.
I'm totally biased and I say acupuncture...but then I am an aupuncturist. :)

I unfortunately did the acupuncture route and didn't work also had Chiropractic manipulations and again didn't help have tried Pilates to strengthen the core that didn't work have regular Physio and massage and even the injections are not full proof so I've definitely tried everything lol

I have Myofascial Massage which is a form of physio (I think!) and I highly recommend trying it! It's made the world of difference for me xx

Latest posts

Back