Sally's?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmam

Reaction score
Have read about them on this board, can anyone go to one of their stores or do i have to be qualified first.

em x

anyone can go into their shops BUT you won't get the professional prices until you've shown them a certificate.
I used to go in there to get all of my nail polishes and removers before I trained, was even better after I trained because it was cheaper :D

...just an extra bit of info - to see how much money you'd save by registering at sally's (by showing them your certificate, as explained!) there's a main price on all the product labels - this is what anyone who walks in off the street would pay.

At the top right hand corner there's a long number, the last three or four digits will be the price to you (+VAT) if you hold a sally's card (so if the number is 1563200399 - you'd pay £3.99 +VAT etc).

HTH - some savings aren't that huge when you add VAT, so it's worth knowing!!

x

Bud said:
...just an extra bit of info - to see how much money you'd save by registering at sally's (by showing them your certificate, as explained!) there's a main price on all the product labels - this is what anyone who walks in off the street would pay.

At the top right hand corner there's a long number, the last three or four digits will be the price to you (+VAT) if you hold a sally's card (so if the number is 1563200399 - you'd pay £3.99 +VAT etc).

HTH - some savings aren't that huge when you add VAT, so it's worth knowing!!

x
hey,

great piece of info! thanx laura!!
hints & tips like that always come in useful!!

J xx

emmam said:
Have read about them on this board, can anyone go to one of their stores or do i have to be qualified first.

em x
Ask behind the counter for their student registration form. I filled out the form instore last week and have been given a temporary discount card to use while I am training.

As long as you have college matriculation card or id then you can still get the discounts.

Hope that helps. Id agree with the post about VAT though - prices are exclusive of VAT so remember to add on.

Sharon x

Hi em, I too obtained a Sallys student card when I was training and hold the same card now although I am fully trained. I was doing the Essential Nails home learn course and all I had to provide was a copy of the invoice. Good luck, Angie

Just to be boring, if you want to quickly work out the Vat and the price of something is say 3.99, round to 4.00 and work out 20% (work out 10% and double it). Then add it to the original 3.99, you know it's going to be a little less but at least you won't arrive at the cash desk not knowing how much you have spent!

Another way, which is more accurate, take the original 3.99, once again round to 4.00, work out 10% = .40, half this, = .20, half again = .10, add them together, 40+20+10+4.00=4.70, a difference of 10p to the sum above.

Here endeth the lesson today!

Cathy ;) ;)

I also got a student card, just by taking in a letter from my college confirming I was doing a course with them. It's only valid for 2 years though. Once I got my certificate I just took that in and got a proper card (although discount is the same as student card).

Once you have a card you can buy anything in there (which has + and -), so you don't need to be doing a hairdressing course to buy hair products.

Thanks everyone thats a great help, just need to palm Jen off with someone to have a good nosy round.

em x

Hi

I work at Sally's and the above info is correct. If you register though you will definately save yourself some ££££££'s.

Tina xxx

Hi don't know if you still work at Sally's? I started my level 2 hairdressering course (sept 2016) and got a Sally's trade card then half way through I had problems in my pregnancy so couldn't complete the course for the rest of the year but I and now carrying it on (sept 2017) will my student card still work or do I need to get some more paperwork from college? Many thanks hope you get the jist of what I mean my closest Sally's is quite far away and I don't want to waste my time travelling

I work at Sally's and the above info is correct. If you register though you will definately save yourself some ££££££'s.

Tina xxx

Perhaps you'd be best making a new thread? This one was created 12 years ago and the poster that works in Sally's hasn't been on since 2009.

Salon services do have a contact number so I would ring them to ask about your contact details, I think you can also apply for a new trade card online..hope this helps a bit :)

Latest posts

Back