salon buisness

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachael-69

Reaction score
hey guys! ok so i have been working as a nail tech for nealy 7 years and i think its time to move out of the salon and start my own! it seems scary but i have a strong clint base and i am thinking of opening in the same area so hoping they shall follow. my plan is to rent somehwere that pref use to be a salon so all the plumping for the backwash system is already there. the reason i need the back wash is because i will b getting two hair dressers and a beatican to work there on rent a chair. my question is if i cant find somehwere that use to be a salon how much would it cost roughly to get a backwash instaled and anythin else that will need to be fiting and are most landlords ok with work being done on the property?

If you have a good client base then that is a start but do you have a business plan? My rent is only 1/6th of my monthly outgoings. You need to have enough money to sustain yourself for the 1st year. On top of rent you have to pay, rates, water, gas, electric, telephone, insurance, licenses ( music, tv, Electrolysis etc..), solicitors fees, accountants fees, computer salon system (not essential), advertising, products, any building work or alterations.

Most landlords will expect you to write to them if you want to make any alterations.

As long as you have thought of everything and have enough money.

I've lost count of the number of times nail techs have said that the money it costs them to rent a room would pay for the rent on the whole salon. They don't realise how much extra you have to pay out every month.

As a salon owner i would say it's bloody hard work and it takes a while to get established but it's very rewarding when/if you succeed.

In the middle of my buisness plan at the moment. yea ive accounted for the rates, tax, bills etc just as i have for my home to. just the installing of the back wash that i didnt realise could be quite expensive.

That's were family and friends come in handy :)
I took 6 months to do out my salon but there were only 2 of us doing it. Luckily my friend who helped me used to be an electrician, built his own home and was very good at diy.
It's not what you know!
Rope in a few family members and friends to help if you can.

Latest posts

Back