Salon exclusive straighteners?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molemaid

Reaction score
Slight rant alert! My salon has been open nearly 3 years and we do hair and beauty. We are not the biggest but it is growing well. We stocked GHD from the start but have recently found we are not allowed the newest releases unless we buy 12 standard units! The last time i saw my rep (nearly a year ago) he said they would go mainstream and sure enough i saw them last week in John Lewis. I had considered Cloud 9 but went with GHD because they are so well known, but have also just found Cloud 9 for sale on Amazon! Are there any other reputable, quality, salon only brands out there?

I didn't realise GHD was ever salon only? They always sold them on their official site to the public and feel younique etc.

The cloud 9s you see on Amazon could be fake, unfortunately most brands have the issue of some other person/company selling there product when there not authorised to (e.g a professional buying it then selling it on or a random person making a knock off then claiming it to be that brand). I never thought GHDs were salon only and I know of plenty of people who have got them from Sally's etc. there are so many great salon/professional only brands out there but I think you will always have to deal with unauthorised sellers, just make sure your clients are aware of the risks if they mention they got a product from eBay etc.

The cloud 9s you see on Amazon could be fake, unfortunately most brands have the issue of some other person/company selling there product when there not authorised to (e.g a professional buying it then selling it on or a random person making a knock off then claiming it to be that brand). I never thought GHDs were salon only and I know of plenty of people who have got them from Sally's etc. there are so many great salon/professional only brands out there but I think you will always have to deal with unauthorised sellers, just make sure your clients are aware of the risks if they mention they got a product from eBay etc.
Thank you for that, & yes i know GHD sold through their website & Sallys but John Lewis and apparently Argos! Been hearing good things about Cloud 9 so will maybe contact them again x

Latest posts

Back