Salon Experiance HELP!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Ash

Reaction score
What do people mean by that, working in a salon but not doing treatments!!!!

I want to get involed in doing beauty or nails now

My nails i need some help again!!!

Beauty i am ok with, maybe a few things i need to touch up on!!!

I would like a mon - fri job in essex as i work in sallys hair and beauty on a sat!!!

I would like to work with dermalogica aswell. I know a bit about the products!!!

Can anyone help me please???

Hi hun, How much experience do you have working in the industry, other than at sallys? You don't have much info on your profile, but I'm guessing that you are qualified, but maybe have not yet worked in a salon?

By working in a salon & not doing treatments, they would usually have you doing reception work and some cleaning. Some salons would let you sit in on treatments to watch sometimes, other won't allow this.

Personally I found it quite to break into salon work untill I had done a fair bit of work experience first. I volunteered my time twice a week at my towns top day spa to do cleaning and answer the phones. I did this for seven months while I was still training, and while I was there they did a lot of extra training with me and taught me so much that wasn't covered at college.

In the end, they didn't have a spare treatment room to employ me, but I left with a great reference and salon experience.

I know this is the case with many salons, they are reluctant to employ someone who has little experience other than college training. I know it is hard at the time when it seems like you will never break into the industry, but if you have what it takes you will get there soon.

i have done level 2&3

thing is i would offer to work free of charge but i need the money!! got to many money worries at the moment!!!

i do treatments at home!!! i do alot of waxing and pedicues!!!

Latest posts

Back