Salon International ...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tess Warwick

Reaction score
okay Geeks ...
for us (who coiuldn't get there ... ) ....
How was it?
What's new?
What have we missed?

Hope that those who got there had a fab time :):)

okay Geeks ...
for us (who coiuldn't get there ... ) ....
How was it?
What's new?
What have we missed?

Hope that those who got there had a fab time :):)

What a shame you couldnt get there, it was packed and really buzzing.
I went on the sunday, watched my idol Patrick Cameron on stage and an interesting stage set from the artistic director of Paul Mitchell.
The exhibition was saturated with various Brazilian Blowdry Brands at least 10 I think and the New range of Hair Oils containing Argan. On my last visit two years ago i dont think either of these were there.
Only really one innovation on the Hair extension Market that i particulaly saw.
Interesting conversation with the owner (i think) of the uk Nanokeratin who was one minute saying they were keeping the product exclusive to Salons especially franchises as they didnt want it going into the freelance market and being undercut. So when i said i was a freelancer so in theory he wouldnt sell to me he said he was a freelancer for many years so found it hard to say no. so If i had flashed the cash i could have purchased the product!
I was very well behaved despite several of the promoters offering Champagne in the hope of loosening us up to sign up for the various training courses and kept the credit card well hidden.
Very enjoyable day but tiring.

As above really. Patrick Cameron was superb till he started dancing on stage.......

Loads of hair ext stands, all of which were cheap cuticle stripped coated hair I may add.

One company stood out for me which was a new organic shampoo and product company called Phillip Martins. Interesting range and I am trying some out.

The GHD stand was superb.

Lots of nail/eyelash/jewelery/makeup stands which was a bit odd as it was a hair event.

I had been told in advance that the major co's such as l'oreal and wella wouldn't be there. There were hardly any colour houses represented.

The furniture was nice, but not ground breaking.

Great selection of scissors and tools available

Latest posts

Back