Salon Newsletter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layla-Louise

Reaction score
Hi my salon has been open for four months and im thinking of starting to do monthly newsletters so that i can specific 'Products & Treatments of the month' & also feel its a great way of introducing new treatments that i have added to my treatment list.
As its my first one im abit stuck for layout ideas and what to include i want to make it as intresting as possible but then i dont want to include to much so that i have nothing else to write in the following months i was thinking one side of A4.
I've also recently found out that the dermalogica products i use some of them with medication and spf's have expiry dates so i really want to try and increase sales with it too, especially seen as The Super Sensitive Faceblock is due to expiry August time.
Do i write abit about myself to clients
please help
thanks
laylax
XxX

Have a look on our website (link below). There is a link to a pdf newsletter on the front page (it's on the News page).

It's reasonably simple and all put together in microsoft publisher.

Hopefully it will give you some ideas

Regards

Mike

PM me your email addy and I'll send you mine, I do one every month.

Have a look on our website (link below). There is a link to a pdf newsletter on the front page (it's on the News page).

It's reasonably simple and all put together in microsoft publisher.

Hopefully it will give you some ideas

Regards

Mike
thats really nice Mike.

I agree with Hippychick Mike, both your site and newsletter look really fresh :)! I also like the idea of a quarterly (or maybe bi-monthly) newsletter, it makes the news more 'newsworthy' IYKWIM?

xx

I'm with Hippychick and Mike. Newsletters should be done every month. They should also be measureable. What I mean by that is you should know how many extra bookings they generate. Because, at the end of the day, the very reason for doing the newsletter is to generate extra sales, extra client visits. Isn't it?:rolleyes:

I do a monthly send out. How many sent are counted then we check how many clients book in from this. We usually get a very good % phoning up to make an appointment from this.

It can be a bit of a hassle stuffing & stamping envelopes but when you realise the return, it's worth it. Better still, get someone else to do the stuffing & stamping :).

Having said that, I'm in the process of updating & overhauling my website so I can do as much online, saving postage & time.

It will be interesting to see if we get a better uptake via snail mail or email.

As for content, instead of making it about YOU, write about what you can do for your client. All they are generally interested in is What's In It For Me? eg saving money; getting rid of dry skin patches etc

Thanks for such positive comments regarding the site and newsletter. Much appreciated :)

Mike

yeah great replies i will take all these ideas on board and i supose i better start writing before july's over

Latest posts

Back