Salon or mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sazza83

Reaction score
I have been thinking about what i should do once i have finished my training.i have been trying to get work experience in salons in my area but none seem to want to take me on, not even for even summer holidays.So once i am trained should I become mobile or should I try these salons again?I am getting a little confused as I do not want to train and not do anything with it.
Any views welcomed
Sazza x

HI Sazza,

I suppose this depends on what sort of therapist you want to be once your a few years down the line. Salons are hard to get into have you tired starting as a receptionist for one? they would then get to know you and see what sort of treatments you can do over time?
Mobile is a very hard business to start as it takes time to build clients and marketing is very hard to get about. This takes confidence in your skills and newly out of training may be too soon!

Depending on your age have you thought of cruise ships? they are always looking for newbies and it's a very good way of learning the industry fast, but is very long hours and hard work.

If your still training maybe talk to your tutor and see what they think as they will know you more personally

hope this helps

x

thank you for replying.I am a single mum so cannot do cruise ships.I would of love to do one but with kids that is not logical.at the moment I am only trained in Nails and training in hair so I am not sure on what to do about anything at the moment,but I will take your advice and talk to my tutor and see what she thinks on this
sazza x

If your struggling getting into a salon, why don't you research in setting up mobile, and research your area for mobile therapists. Your local Business Link, Princes Trust, Start-ups and CAB could help you decide, they will help with your business plan. Not sure how old you baby is, but you could work around him/her until they attend school, then that why your not paying for nursary fees, that's if you have family and friends who can help you out with childcare. Hope you come to a solution, and if you want something bad enough you will get it, as a spiritual reader, I believe you will do it.

Starting up | Business Link

Enterprise Programme

10 steps to starting your business | Startups

Good luck in whatever road you take, I would also suggest reading Biz geek on here as they have some insightful topics that may help you

xx

Sorry meant Skin Geek lol

If your struggling getting into a salon, why don't you research in setting up mobile, and research your area for mobile therapists. Your local Business Link, Princes Trust, Start-ups and CAB could help you decide, they will help with your business plan. Not sure how old you baby is, but you could work around him/her until they attend school, then that why your not paying for nursary fees, that's if you have family and friends who can help you out with childcare. Hope you come to a solution, and if you want something bad enough you will get it, as a spiritual reader, I believe you will do it.

Starting up | Business Link

Enterprise Programme

10 steps to starting your business | Startups

I have been researching into prices of salons and individuals around my area,and I think I have come up with a price list but with no start up funds cannot do mobile yet.But then I think with not being experienced maybe salon work would be best for me but again cannot get into a salon.
Thank you for answering and giving me more to think about :)
sazza x

Last edited:
Is it your treatments you need to practise? If so, have you got people you can practise on and but charge a small fee to cover your kits. If your under the age of 30 Princes Trust can help you with a grant to get you started. I would give them and Business Link a call to see what your options are.

Just a thought but why not volunteer your services to a reputable salon jfor a couple of days a week just for the profesional
Experience and also work for yourself the rest of the time from home or mobile.
Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back