Salon prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lfox

Reaction score
hi, iv opened a little room joined on to my parents pub (converted stable) it's only got 2 stations, I i opened it as a barbers but now iv got loads of ladies (how did that happen) anyway iv changed it to unisex now doing appointments. Anyway, how much do others charge for cbd, roots, hi lights etc?? In in a little town in Leicestershire. I think I'm pretty cheap, but don't have to pay rent so I can undercut other salons, but don't want to come over to cheap.
I charge £25 cbd
Root col &cbd £48,
Full head hi lights cbd £58
B dry £17
Gents from £10
Kids up to 14 £7.50
Kids under 5 £5
Still do mobile on my day off for the odd few, one client who iv done for over 10yrs takes the piss.. I haven't put her price up in years I do her roots & cut for £45 but done her kids & husband for £5 each but now they are 17 and 14 still doing it for £5 each... So she asked if I could dip dye her daughters hair (14 yrs old) and how much...I said £40 and her reaction was wow! Il have to think about that! Then started asking how much it is for a cut for her and if I was just to rub the colour into the ends lol! She has really annoyed me! She saves over £20 with me every 4weeks for years. I hate it when people question your prices. So advise on this woman please and also would like a comparison on salon prices x

Say "the same price as its no different to me rubbing it on or applying it, I am still using the same products!... I have also taken the liberty of checking how much a dip due is in other salons and your looking at around £60, please feel free to check yourself I won't be offended"

personally I think 40 is too low you may also need to tone it! You will also need to explain that you will need to increase prices as of Jan 17 xx

All your prices are similar to mine.... Although I do on quotation with children (you could get a 14 year old that takes ages due to having more hair than most adults would you be happy charging 7.50?)

I'm Deffo putting her price up, just goes to show you do people favor and look after your longest loyal clients and they don't appreciate it.
I think it's so rude i could imagine questioning someone's very reasonable prices.
The reason she wants me to "rub" it in is because she did it with a box dye herself . Very subtle red and it looked actually really nice, (I did tell her she did a good job herself,but think she want to treat daughter) just hate it when clients make you feel bad for making money!
Iv had a few people do this when I was mobile, but never get this in the salon, I seems people respect you more if you have a salon. Crazy!!

still doing it for £5 each... So she asked if I could dip dye her daughters hair (14 yrs old) and how much...I said £40 and her reaction was wow! Il have to think about that!
Be careful very careful your insurance will not cover a colour process on any child under the age of 16.

If you check the manufactures instructions you will see its states not to be used on anyone under that age.

If you go ahead lovely and the mother isn't happy she can sue you and you won't have a leg to stand on... You'll be bankrupt. No insurer will pay out.

Think very wisely before putting any colour chemical on that child's hair. Your career will be on the line... Is it worth the risk? X

Be careful very careful your insurance will not cover a colour process on any child under the age of 16.

If you check the manufactures instructions you will see its states not to be used on anyone under that age.

If you go ahead lovely and the mother isn't happy she can sue you and you won't have a leg to stand on... You'll be bankrupt. No insurer will pay out.

Think very wisely before putting any colour chemical on that child's hair. Your career will be on the line... Is it worth the risk? X
Didn't even think of that... Thanks.
Even if it doesn't touch the scalp?
Well that's my get out clause now, don't want to do it anyway as I'm not putting my work into something that is seen as a cheap favor.

Hair colour always goes on the scalp. Maybe not much on application but the scalp will be covered in it when you wash it off.

A perfectly legit viable clause lol

Latest posts

Back