Salon problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybysteph25

beauty25
Reaction score
hi I’m looking for some advice if anyone could help it would be great! I rent a room within a salon and have recently been getting some hassle off of the salon owners about what time I start & finish, basically get so much hassle if I leave before they are closing the shop (same goes for when I come into the shop if I’m not there for them opening). They get paid a set weekly rent and I am self employed do my own tax’s etc so in my eyes I work for myself and they shouldn’t be dictating the hours etc that i work, also trying to moan if I have my phone out (most time on the business social media pages answering my clients/doing bookings) I don’t see why/where it concerns them it’s as if they want to have there cake & eat it having us self employed but wanting to act like there employees setting rules and getting hassle if I have a day off or about times I come in/leave. Not had a contract written up by them either. I’m not sure how to approach it or if I am in the wrong.Would be great if I could get some feedback.. thankyou

As above. But I would add that I don’t allow staff to have their mobiles on the shop floor. I know you’re not staff but if you’re on your phone, I would ask you to be in your room. People also get really hacked off that they’re working and you’re not!!! That’s just life.

We rented a room out. As long as my tenant paid her rent, when she came in and left was up to her.

If you have no contract it can be tricky but you should be able to run your business as you see fit. They can dictate that you have to come in after they’ve opened, and leave before they do or they can opt to give you a key. There are lots that they can say as it is their business, but a lot they can’t.

Vic x

Latest posts

Back