Salon products in super markets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layercaeks

Reaction score
So I went to safeways (woolworths) yesterday and saw a whole heep of products that I know are ussually salon based including tony and guy, redkin and macadamia. So what is going on? Are these products selling out?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Redken Rep Explained to me it's something to do with the buying power and the dollar. Pretty much they would make no money on the products but it's about getting the ppl in the door with the popular products just because they have the power to. Also he was saying there is lots of counterfeit products in AUS atm.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Toni and guy and macadamia aren't salon exclusive products they are sold in shops , I see Redken in tk maxx but don't think they supply them.

I brought this up to my tigi rep because the shampoo I wanted to retail was available in my local B&M for almost cost price, they said it's old stock but it's really not :/

I brought this up to my tigi rep because the shampoo I wanted to retail was available in my local B&M for almost cost price, they said it's old stock but it's really not :/

I believe Tigi was bought out by Unilever a good while ago and now distributes where it likes I think, our B & M sells it too cheaper than the suppliers :-(

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

KMS had this problem a while ago. Some guy imported them and sold onto woolies. They were selling them for nearly cost price. I called my rep to complain as I have just set up for retail at my home salon and three blocks away they could get it at the price I pay. She said they were going to court over it and we're also testing the products as they had no records overseas for this guys purchase and they believed them to be counterfeits.

They're all gone from my local woolies now. They also had joico. The chemist up the road had them as well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back