Salon scent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautygeek_11

Reaction score
This might sound random but how do business owners scent their salons?
I walk into spa s and they smell amazing but I never can figure how. I spend a fortune on yankee candles and never get that amazing scent walking through the door. Plug in's just don't do it either. Would love to hear from others x tia

Sometimes that lush smell isn't related to anything that is done deliberately what with scented oils being used in a spa over and over throughout the whole day. People will often walk into a treatment room and comment on how nice it smells and I'll say it's due to the oils we've been using because other than that, nothing deliberate is done to make it smell that way.

Maybe you've become used to and desensitised to the smell of yankee candles/your salon?

I know what you mean! Love the smell of spas etc and would be interested in the answer!

People always comment on how nice my (home) salon smells but tbh I can't smell anything lol. I don't burn or do anything, it's from my wax when its turned on (hint of coconut n vanilla) and all the pre n post lotions and potions or some lingering scent from doing facials or from my wax solvent etc lol my room is aired and floors washed daily and bedding changed with every client so stuffed if I know how they can smell it and I can't lol I must be used to it! Sorry I'm no help!

Try a Aroma Diffuser. Muji sell them they are amazing and constant smells and I think Liz Earle sell them too x

An oil burner love them

oil burner with essential oils! love it!! i have different scents on different days, depending on the type of treatments we have in!

I like this idea with diff oils on diff days! Any recommendations of where to purchase?

I burn Eve Taylor candles which are gorgeous. Also the ET oils that I use tend to linger, filling the room with beautiful aromatherapy smells.

Had a peek on muji they are quite expensive definitely wouldn't mind paying if I thought it was worth it. Have you personally used this brand?

Have you tried some incense? I love Nag Champa

Hi I work in a spa within a hotel we always get comments on our "smell" we use Espa candles we usually burn our - Energising or Restorative candles they smell amazing as they are made with essential oils and they don't even need to be burnt for long 😀 x

Try Scentsy... Warms the wax making the smell last longer. Over 80 different fragrances avail. Pm me for website details. I use in my salon as do friends

Scentsy are brilliant! 1 little cube burns for around 40hours!! And they look lovely! And the choice of smells is fab!

I love the smells createdfrom the CND Spa Pedicure products and the perron rigot waxes that I use. Other than that I don't use anything else and I think you just become used to them yourself.

I burn Eve Taylor candles which are gorgeous. Also the ET oils that I use tend to linger, filling the room with beautiful aromatherapy smells.

Completely agree. I burn Eve Taylor candles or put their oils in my burner.

Clients love it and I retail these items too so it's win/win

Do the eve taylor candles last long? Do you need to be an account holder to purchase them?

Latest posts

Back