Salon setup/furniture ideas? Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elaine Armani

Reaction score
Hello ladies :D
I am setting up my hair and beauty salon from home and I will be setlled in my new house by the end of this year, I am doing hair extensions, tanning, waxing, facials, massages, eyelashes, makeup, tinting, nails and etc!
My garage is a modern garage so it has a panel lift electric door for the entrance and has nice shiny white tiles on the floor and has plaster walls, I have been trying to organise a color theme, should i keep the walls pure white? or I am thinking if I paint them a slightly off white color it would look more elegant and relaxing ?? I am thinking of a purple colour theme (towels and etc).
Although!! the colour theme isn't really my main concern at the moment I have contacted my local salon supply wholesalers and they have quoted me $250 each work station for hair (need 2) $200 for a reception desk $180 for a nail table $200 for a waxing/massage bed and the list goes onn! I will need lots of furniture because I offer alot of service, I am just wondering is there any alternatives?? do you think getting a wall mirror and adding a bench with salon chairs will make it look cheap?
What are some furniture ideas you have to save money? It will cost me about $3000 just for furniture, decoration, accesories excluding stock!!

Hi if you go to the biz section of the forum you will find a thread called "show your set ups" you may find some good ideas x

Hi if you go to the biz section of the forum you will find a thread called "show your set ups" you may find some good ideas x

Great suggestion, thnks :D

Hi I am doing my ho,e salon in shabby chic, currently collecting bits of furniture then revamping them, have bought two gorgeous carver chairs for £20 and a telephone seat for £40.... Going to buy a vintage style dressing table as my nail station, dresser for storage etc....

Also keep ya peepers open for salons closing down if you want more modern stuff , mooch on eBay, gumtree etc ...

Hi I am doing my ho,e salon in shabby chic, currently collecting bits of furniture then revamping them, have bought two gorgeous carver chairs for £20 and a telephone seat for £40.... Going to buy a vintage style dressing table as my nail station, dresser for storage etc....

Also keep ya peepers open for salons closing down if you want more modern stuff , mooch on eBay, gumtree etc ...

Great idea!
I was thinking of getting a desk from Ikea instead of a nail table there is a $150 difference!
Wall paper instead of paint (easier)
I am buying my decorations and accessories from a small Facebook biz that sells decor for really cheap you should definitey check out pages like that as they as decently priced. Ebay is great to by second hand pedi stools and etc.
Revamping old furniture is always great!!
Thanks for the advice :D

No problem, upload some pics for us to nosey at :-D ,...good luck and have fun :-D xxx

Hey my room is just nearly finished, I will attach some pics to give you ideas, a trip to ikea is a definate must! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378680562.759989.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378680574.936292.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378680587.486721.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378680603.736449.jpg

Wow, your room looks beautiful, very pretty, simple and clean!
Thanks for the inspiration! I also want to keep mine simple and pretty I feel like beauty rooms shouldn't be too over crowded.

Thanks so much! I dont like overcrowding either especially for a home salon as then it might just look like a messy house! I have swept it about 17 times already, obsessed!

Wow, just wanted to say I'm loving your little nail studio setup. how did you create that lovely purply mood lighting?

xProjectPrettyx

Thanks a mill :) . I got a set of about 6 lights that are all attatched by wire for about €12 in lidls a while back, they have about 7 colours but I just set it to purple and selotaped them to the top of the shelves :)

Latest posts

Back