Salon software for small beauty salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBN

Reaction score
I am looking for a software system that is not expensive, can record appointments, and has a good marketing ability, SMS capability and reporting capability. I have 2 rooms and 2 therapists. All the systems seem to be geared up to multi-seat hair salons.
Any recommendations? :)

I am looking for a software system that is not expensive, can record appointments, and has a good marketing ability, SMS capability and reporting capability. I have 2 rooms and 2 therapists. All the systems seem to be geared up to multi-seat hair salons.

Hi, Try Welcome to You'reOnTime. Does everything you highlight above and much much more for a low monthly price. You most definitely get more for your money. They give you a 30 day free trial and if your still unsure, ask them and they give you another 30 day free trial to make sure the system is right for you. I have the package at £12.00 a month that gives me everything in one package and even though it states 2 staff only, they were more than happy to let me have a few extra staff on that plan also. Took me over a year to try mostly all salon software systems and this one was by far the best value for money. Give it a try! PLEASE!, before you sign up If you email me I can send you a referral. :)

Thanks Matt

Hi there.

I am obviously going to recommend Premier Salon software. We are the ONLY recommended software provider by the NHF (National Hair Federation) which means we are VERY good value. Our software is capable of all you have listed and more :D Please feel free to give me a call and discuss this further.

Good luck in your search :D

Laura

Salon iris x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use salonium. No contracts just pay as you go. Only problem I have is that I ask text reminders to be sent out 24 hours before but they send out 17! But everything else is spot on, just need Internet connection!

Ovatu. Syncs iPhone ipad, laptop. Emails clients appointments then texts them 24 hrs before. Great reports. £6 per month.

Thanks everyone for the feedback - I will take a look at them all! :lol:
I have looked at Premier online but no pricing on there!

Salon lite is free it also has apps for iPhone / ipad so you can use diary on the move

Has anyone used bookingbug (£15 per month and can take deposits)
Was worrying about rogue bookings but hopefully a deposit for new clients would put an end to that. Just need to find someone who has actually used the system.

Last edited:
In over a year I have only ever had one rogue booking via salon iris!

Vicki x

Do you ask for a deposit?

A second for ovatu. Does all I need at a fraction of the cost of some other suppliers.

Do you ask for a deposit?

I don't. I just have clients book online x

I have a small salon and use salon iris with quickbooks connect. I am just coming to the end of my first year with it. I negotiated hard and got it for a lot less than advertised. I love the fact that it texts your clients reminders it is the best feature that I use. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the feedback - I will take a look at them all! :lol:
I have looked at Premier online but no pricing on there!

We are currently re-building our website :) If you would like a quote, feel free to message me and I will contact you directly :)

Laura

Has anyone used Carte Blanche by Grensoft.

The trial version seems ok for simple elements - full version costs £175 but it is on computer - worried about in the cloud systems which could go down and then we have no access to data.

What a shame Unisalons has no support - it was/is a great little programme:Scared:

Has anyone used Carte Blanche by Grensoft.

The trial version seems ok for simple elements - full version costs £175 but it is on computer - worried about in the cloud systems which could go down and then we have no access to data.

What a shame Unisalons has no support - it was/is a great little programme:Scared:

Hi,

To be honest, this makes no difference whether its cloud or standalone, they both have there own advantages and disadvantages. There are heap loads of threads arguing this fact, but not much difference. If you HDD corrupts or your computer gets infected with spyware or a virus then you may still have no access to your data. Either way like I said both pretty much similar. Most things will happen out of our control. Such as if your internet goes down, then you can use your mobile data plan on your phone or IPad. The software I use sends my appointments I have on the day everyday to my emails and I can also access my weekly appointments on my phone as they have an app also. :)

I much prefer a cloud based system, yes there may be issues and downtime but they are dealt with a lot quicker than we can deal with a computer which has broken down!

Jemima :)

I opted for software on my computer as where I live the Internet is extremely slow and disappears intermittently. Mobile phone reception is non existent. I have full cloud back up for my system and I pay for support so if it all went tits up tomorrow I have a plan.

Vicki x

Latest posts

Back