Salon Software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iconic

Reaction score
Hi salon geeks :)

I have just got my own salon (exciting times!) .. It is in the process of being refurbished and done out as a salon and hopefully opening in December just in time to catch the christmas/new year business! ..

But was just wondering if any of you guys could give me some suggestions as to what software i can use for the salon? .. for appointment bookings/client details etc..

The salon i worked in previously used Salon Genius but for me just starting up, that seems a little too expensive!

Any ideas please? Xx

UniSalons is very cheap.

I'm about to go with SalonIris because it has iPhone support and I can spread the cost over 12months.

Hi salon geeks :)

I have just got my own salon (exciting times!) .. It is in the process of being refurbished and done out as a salon and hopefully opening in December just in time to catch the christmas/new year business! ..

But was just wondering if any of you guys could give me some suggestions as to what software i can use for the salon? .. for appointment bookings/client details etc..

The salon i worked in previously used Salon Genius but for me just starting up, that seems a little too expensive!

Any ideas please? Xx

I have asked myself the same question this week and have contacted one company, the price was £1500, alot of money. The question I asked myself was, do I really need it when I first open or would I rather put the money towards equipment or interior fittings. I actually decided at this stage not to go for it as the money could be better spent in other areas. A diary and spread sheets will do for now. My business will have Sunbeds, spray tanning, Massage, nail studio, hair studio, hydro masage and steam room, its a grower and my technology will come into it once it hits a point when I need a computerised system and it can be paid for out of the business earnings. I hope this has not confused you
Diane x

Thank you for both your responses. You have not confused me-in fact I completely understand your logic!
I have however looked at uni salons, I came across it on eBay. It seems perfect and at a one of cost if £59.99 it seems amazing! .. I wondered if anyone would mention it- and slightly hoping that someone would too!! :)
Did it work well for you?
I think for now, I will go for that if it gains positive feedback and personal recommendations and then maybe look at upgrading it once business hopefully picks up! :) x

Hi - as with everything you will get what you pay for. I got my software after trading for 2 years. Personally if I had known about the software capabilities and what it could do for my business I would have used it from initial set up. Used properly they are very effective marketing tools etc. I use Soft booking very happy, constant updates etc. I don't thinkmthe eBay one will be much more than an appointment. :)

They list part of the spec of the programme on eBay and it sounds quite impressive.
This is the eBay item number:
If you get the chance, type it in to eBay and have a nose! Let me know what you think! :)

Hi ab, I've had a look - it boasts most things you would want but it does say you only have 14 days back up, I think you will find the real co STD will be the monthly back up and support that you will find essential. They also only state they are available mon to Fri office hours?? Worrying, if your system went wring on a sat what/who would you call - it doesn't mention training at all. It also doesn't have any current feedback ? You really will struggle to find a system that does what you need, gives you the tech support and updates etc for less than £1500, hope that helps - good luck x;-)

Ah good point! .. I really appreciate you taking the time to look at it and give your feedback on the product. The point you made about "you get what you pay for" is so so true! I think I will wait until business picks up and then invest in a decent system.
Many thanks again for your time! :)

Hi. I think the old saying "you get what you pay for" comes in here. Here's an example, though not the same thing! - a few years ago my husband had a business and he bought a cheap book keeping system from ebay costing about the same amount of money for that we got a limited amount of backup but didn't get any training. Shortly after starting to use it we discovered it was useless, didn't do what we thought it would and we ended up in such a mess with the first mth accounts. The backup facility was up after a few wks so it was down to looking in the manual. Nightmare. We decided to bin that system and get the professional accounting system sage. Not the same thing i know, but the moral of the story is you do get what you pay for. So get something recommmended by others and if you can't afford it, just wait. All good things n that....... x

I looked into some cheap software's and in almost all cases found hidden costs or they did not do all they said they would for my business.

I ended up choosing Platinum Software, it does everything I need it to and is a fraction of the price of equivalent systems. I was able to spread the payments over 12 months at no extra charge but I think they offer the system cheaper if you can pay in one go.

There support is excellent and I very quickly knew I had made the right decision.

I am sure they would be happy to send you their information, or take a look at their website.

salon software salon computer Hair Beauty Nail Massage Spa Tanning Intelligent Tills

Hi there,

Salon software is a brilliant investment for any salon, it will ensure you can track all client information and their purchasing history, it will enable you to create customised marketing campaigns to ensure you stay in touch with your customers and keep them loyal, it will also manage the day to day aspects of running a salon such as stock control, cashing up and reporting to allow you to spend more time with your clients and making money. As stated previously in most cases you do indeed get what you pay for, it is essential to request a free demonstration and trial of any software you are considering purchasing, this will allow you to see if it will be compatible for your salon needs and to judge whether you think it is worth the investment.

Hope this helps!

Hi,
I started my own salon and asked a local computer company to build my website and software.
I only had £500 to spend and about £50-100 a month to maintain both which he tailored my package to suit me, telling me what i could have for the money.
Company are cyberco.net example pictures are on their. have a gander

What I would say is to NOT go for something like PremSpa+. We have just 'moved' it into our spa replacing the good ol' fashioned diary. It cost about £15,000 which I think is a complete fortune and a rip off considering it doesn't do what we want most of the time, does not work with any of our other systems at work and every day we dread reading 'user interface error' which means reset and lose everything!! Hope this helps a little! x

Really appreciate all the responses from everyone here! Definately think I will stay clear of the cheap software as it sounds as though it will end up causing me more problems than not having it at all!! I think it would be wise to start with the good old till and appointment book to start and then install a decent system once business picks up and the takings can cover the costs! :) thanks again geeks :) xx

I am going through this myslef at the minute.

I think I have decided to use an appointent diary and enter all details into a database, excel etc.

We are starting a salon compltely from scratch so in a way it would be the best time to start a salon software but unless I got a cheap one we cant afford it right now.

It will definately be next on my list tho as I think it must make light work of tedious tasks. Id love to have a softeare built around my needs, but for now microsoft office will be my friend :)

x

Ditto he he!

Hopefully business gets so busy that a customised software programme will be highly needed! .. I'm thinking at this time though that that may be wishful thinking! :p x

i have just gone with isalon. It's early days, but the system was built around my business.I too had clients namjes/addresses in an excell spreadsheet, and they were able to load these straight on for me from that.
I wanted it for the security aspects, the remote veiwing capability and the ability to drill down figures for marketing purposes.
I did look at lots of systems, and this was the one that seemed most futureproof.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for salon? I tried to gain estimate prices from their website, got talking to a person on the live chat help line but she was insisting I had to make an appointment for someone to call to discuss. I didn't want to get in to that at this stage as I am literally just trying to gain rough guide prices! X

Hi there I too am looking into this but I wish to replace my database on pc with tablets and some sort of programme for them. I only really want an app book and a database ATM and after speaking to a couple of 'it geeks' it seems that googlemail is the best way of doing this.
Any other help that anyone has on this subject would be more than helpful

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for salon? I tried to gain estimate prices from their website, got talking to a person on the live chat help line but she was insisting I had to make an appointment for someone to call to discuss. I didn't want to get in to that at this stage as I am literally just trying to gain rough guide prices! X

I think it depends on what you want. Mine are big and complicated, plus I'm linking a couple of salons and an ipad, so you cant really go on what I paid.

Latest posts

Back