Salon Software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah right ok .. thanks anyway.

Your system sounds pretty impressive! :) x

Today I found intersalon. Hav sent the link to my pc guy, will see what feedback he comes back with. VERY reasonable price too

TRY UNISALONS.COM

AMAZING........I AM WITH IT NEARLY 2 YEARS NOW PERFECT....:green:

CHEERS
:eek:

Today I found intersalon. Hav sent the link to my pc guy, will see what feedback he comes back with. VERY reasonable price too

Have you heard anything back about intersalon rock'n roller? .. Also what sort of price is it if you don't mind me asking? X

TRY UNISALONS.COM

AMAZING........I AM WITH IT NEARLY 2 YEARS NOW PERFECT....:green:

CHEERS
:eek:

Ooo you use unisalons? .. That's the original one I looked at but was starting to be put off by people :S .. How do you find it? Are there any hidden fees? Does it do everything you need it too? .. Any extra info on it I would be grateful of.. Thanks :) x

Hi,

I would recommend UniSalons 2012 as they provide everything for such cheap price. £70 for the software and £80 for yearly remote support (essential) - software is always being updated to benefit us. Excellent support from them as well.

They offer: -

- Appointment System
- Stock System
- Sunbed Diary
- Client Database
- Reports
- Allows you to text to clients set messages or unique messages
- Email Clients
- Texting clients appointments
- online booking system soon

I currently use this software with a Touch Screen PC, but my staff mainly just use the mouse. You will need an epos printer and till, so you can operate it all from the computer. If you require screen shots or more information just PM me.

I agree Unisalons is very affordable. I am working with Unisalons nearly 1 1/2 with no problems.
It has all i need and i don't feel ripped off.

cheers:smack:

Hi sorry still waiting on my geek getting back to me. Intersalon seems ti be 39.99 per month for the software. Will get him to look at unisalons too, does anyone know if this works on tablets?

Another (genuine) vote for Unisalon 2012. I only have a small salon,it's just my nail tech and I. Unisalon is perfect. I am usually very much of the opinion that " you get what you pay for" but I have to say for £70 it really it fantastic!

Hi

I am currently using Salonium as Im a small business and it does everything i want it too and for FREE, i use it to book clients in on my iPad and iPhone which is great as I've always got it handy for telephone bookings.
It sends text/email reminders to customers and its linked to my website, so clients can book online.
take a look Salon software feature tour - Salonium
If you choose the FREE option as i have you could also take a look at txtlocal which i use for marketing, reminders and its pre-pay which suits me at the moment.
If you click to my site Links and click the Txtlocal link :)

hope this helps

Edd

LOVELY.....
What happens with salonium if your broadband goes down???????
:p

LOVELY.....

Ha ha well yes that can be an issue if I'm at home using it, but I use it on iPhone or iPad as I don't have broadband in my studio but 3G or GPRS are just as good, always connected even when out shopping.
:biggrin:

I have had several nightmares with salon software , so though I would share our experinces so others may learn from it .

We took on salon active around 6 years ago for about £7k , great system and made a big difference to our business . after the first year we did nit sign up for the support as we rarely accessed it . Then around 2 years ago we started to have problem with the hardware and software . Salon active advised us that we could no longer have the software as it wasnt availabe in the uk any longer ( BIG FAT LIE ) and went on to sell us a new windows based system for £1500. The truth of the matter was they were a reseller for a US company and their realtionship had broken down . The US company had a new UK partner who could have supported us but instead of signposting us they ripped us off , They now trade as www.salonadvance.com STAY AWAY from them . I was not happy with the funcationality of the new software so with a bit of investivagation skills made contact with the US company who put be in touch with the new UK reseller. A happy ending I here you say - that what we thought .

The new UK seller offered to get us back on line for £450 plus we had to but new hardware (around £500) . All was good for a while ....then we opened a new business and as we loved the software took it on in the new store . So new purchase for around £3000 for software and then £1000 hardware . Had problems with the install then last months 12 mths after the set up the system went down . Contacted www.igotstyle.com who advised they had gone to adminstration and that I would have to contact the US direct . I did this and was advised that the UK company had not paid the US for my lisence and I would have to pay £800 to get back online with a lisence direct from them .

This a very very long post but I wanted to warn people about these to ROGUE businsess , you know what we all want to make money but WHY do it through other peoples distress. My businsess were severaly impacted by this awful chain of events
MY advice -Ask your supplier if they own the prodcuts of if they reselling them and make sure they show you clearly that they have paid for your lisence .

My salon software I built in and is used Australia is coming to UK soon (like next week soon). Anyone who wants to try it out send me a direct message (I don't want to spam the forum). Would love feedback from UK perspective.

I am using Unisalons 2012.
Only £69.99 one off.
I am very happy as many other unisalons users in this forum.
Why should i pay 2k+ for a software when i get all i need with £70.

Madness or what?
cHEERS:smack:

Many thanks for your response. The reviews for unisalons from people who actually have it and use it seem to be really good-just what I need. For the small one off cost that it is, I think it is worth the gamble! :) xx

Another genuine vote for unisalons dont get the one off ebay as its an older version get direct from website I have had a few glinches with it but all have been sorted no prob the guy who runs it couldnt be more helpful

I get my text bundles from txtlocal and use them to sent reminder texts and also update clients on salon info just a note you need a screen pixel minimum of 1024x 768 so cant run from a net book (this is what I have but I have a screen on the wall in the salon I hook up to works great as I have it on a swivel bracket so spin it round when booking clients in so they can see whats available saves all the can you do then or can you do then lol

I only have a small salon me and two nail techs but it really does work well and both my girls have found it easy to use.

I am just about to get the support as there is a online diary update coming out and also a loyalty scheme with the support package you get all the updates and support you need

HTH

Deb

Many thanks for your response deb, some useful info for me there :) I'm so glad that there have been a good number of positive responses with unisalons. I'm definitely going to take it up :) xx

I use appointment-diary too, I love it, £10 per month no set up fee no annual costs either, the online booking feature is so helpful too, even when yr on holiday, it still works for you to, I wouldn't be without it now , just looks so professional, clients are well impressed. Customer service is excellent, if broadband is down ,not a prob as you are sent next 7 days bookings by email everyday for backup.

LOVELY.....

Ha ha well yes that can be an issue if I'm at home using it, but I use it on iPhone or iPad as I don't have broadband in my studio but 3G or GPRS are just as good, always connected even when out shopping.
:biggrin:

With any online product, the answer is going to be... not a lot. You'll see a unable to connect message like you would any other site.

However, you'd also see a similarly annoying, and generally pointless message if your computer went down or had problems.

With an offline system, your important data is likely to be tied up until a support rep can turn up or dial in to your system.

The difference with online software is that you can nip across to a coffee shop or other wifi hotspot and at the very least get today's appointments.

Obviously I can only talk about our own software product, but in terms of support, we'd also help out if a customer had internet issues. We've even dusted down the fax machine to send such information out!

PS: Sorry for the bump, it seems to be a long-term thread though, and I'd only just seen it.

Latest posts

Back