Salon software?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilso

Reaction score
Trying to decide on software for our salon and have had demos from Phorest and I-salon. One is cloud based and the other is loaded onto computer on site. I'm very impressed with Phorest but not sure on just how good it is? Has anyone got any help or advice with either of these two software companies please?

No experience of either except when I was looking I found them both really expensive. I have software loaded onto my computer which has been a life saver as our Internet has gone for several days at a time recently x

Definitely consider a back up plan in case your computers/internet failed.

Do you back up the data daily to another storage option? If I was running from a single computer, I'd routinely back it up once or twice a day onto a portable hard drive.

Where I live, we have no landline so I use a satellite/mobile based broadband system. I use a very basic cloud based system to store records and appointments as I'm mobile (not suitable for busy salon) but I can access it from any device so that gives me more flexibility if my main device failed. (They're all Apple products so share data very easily)

Also, I can use a different mobile internet provider to access the cloud storage if I couldn't get a signal from my main internet provider.

Good point regarding backups. I also wouldn't just rely on backing up onto a portable drive. I'd also backup to the cloud. Buying a cheap premium service to something like DropBox is ideal. Tons of storage and you won't lose anything. Portable hard drives can fail quite easily. We lost a portion of our old server for hard drive failure and now we make sure we are covered in all eventualities.

Definitely consider a back up plan in case your computers/internet failed.

Do you back up the data daily to another storage option? If I was running from a single computer, I'd routinely back it up once or twice a day onto a portable hard drive.

Where I live, we have no landline so I use a satellite/mobile based broadband system. I use a very basic cloud based system to store records and appointments as I'm mobile (not suitable for busy salon) but I can access it from any device so that gives me more flexibility if my main device failed. (They're all Apple products so share data very easily)

Also, I can use a different mobile internet provider to access the cloud storage if I couldn't get a signal from my main internet provider.

I am also mobile based and looking for some software, what it is that you use?

I am also mobile based and looking for some software, what it is that you use?

Hello Laura,

We are cloud based online reservation program. If you are interested you can try 30 days program for free. We have online reservation, sms, e-mail reminders and other features. Let us know what you need and we can advice if our program is good for you.

Regards

You might want to consider youreontime.com

Trying to decide on software for our salon and have had demos from Phorest and I-salon. One is cloud based and the other is loaded onto computer on site. I'm very impressed with Phorest but not sure on just how good it is? Has anyone got any help or advice with either of these two software companies please?

Hi

Fancy trying a 30 day free trial of Hive salon software there are no obligations and one of our team can walk you through the whole process. http://clients.hivesalonsoftware.co.uk/Salon/SalonRegistration.aspx

Our solo package starts at only £2.50 per week and that's for 15 modules.

Regards

Kim

Latest posts

Back