Salon System lash lift just won't last! Help please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pro-Beauty

Reaction score
where am i going wrong:(? Im following procedure from my training and the manual. Thanks :)

Hi, what's happening? Is it taking at all? Are you using from the little pink and blue bottles?

Hi, what's happening? Is it taking at all? Are you using from the little pink and blue bottles?
Hi, Yes I did have the bottles but then when I had them for a while (i dont do many as i offer other treatments) I changed to sachets. But the lift is hardly noticable... no wow factor! i use an oil free eye makeup remover and am following the instructions from training. I use the salon system lash adhesive which I find is not that great at holding lashes down-should it be applied sparingly I wonder???

Last edited:
I never had much luck with salon system to be honest.....
I could never get the lashes to stay put once the lotion went on! :oops:

Oh no, thankyou! I dont really want to use another brand if it means training all over again. This is not my main treatment so reluctant to spend more money on it.

I also use the sachets a new one for each client.
Apply literally as little as possible of the adhesive and once lashed are in position then need to wait for it to dry, usually a few minutes, otherwise yes when you apply the lotion they become un stuck, really annoying!

Then 12 min pink lotion..., remove excess with dry bud and then 12 min blue lotion. Then remove everything with dry or damp buds.
Should be working.
Maybe have you got an out of date packet?

I enquiried once about doing lvl and once you have this qualification you can upgrade to lvl for £99.

xx

I also use the sachets a new one for each client.
Apply literally as little as possible of the adhesive and once lashed are in position then need to wait for it to dry, usually a few minutes, otherwise yes when you apply the lotion they become un stuck, really annoying!

Then 12 min pink lotion..., remove excess with dry bud and then 12 min blue lotion. Then remove everything with dry or damp buds.
Should be working.
Maybe have you got an out of date packet?

I enquiried once about doing lvl and once you have this qualification you can upgrade to lvl for £99.

xx
Ok... my manual says apply blue lotion on top of pink lotion, it dosent say to remove ecess with a dry bud!! Could this be a miss-print?

Well I was trained to remove as much as possible with dry bud before applying blue one. Can't see that making it not work though. Try it maybe x

Maybe the neutraliser isn't getting through enough if the pink lotion is left on.

Yes you need to remove the pink lotion. The pink lotion breaks down the disulphide bonds. If you were to stop after this part of the treatment then lashes would just flop all over the place. The blue lotion then sets the lashes into place.
So pink to take the structure out of the lashes. The wipe all the pink lotion off. The blue lotion to set them in place and then wipe off. Then you can tint whilst they are still on the shield.
Try another brand. You don't need to retrain to use another brand. You can try Lash Base or Eyeluvlashes. Both are reasonably priced and work well x

I never had much luck with salon system to be honest.....
I could never get the lashes to stay put once the lotion went on! :oops:
Red star what system did you switch to out of interest?
I find the salon systems glue takes ages, I've switched to lash base glue and shields as I use a lot of small ones

Could it be the OP is using shields that are too large? As SS only do med & large

remembering now back to my training it does ring a bell now about taking off the pink with a dry bud. As I wasnt doing many of them I started double checking what I was doing in the manual and so obviously did what it said. Bit annoyed really that is says in black and white to 'apply the fixing lotion over the top of the perm lotion':mad:! Anyway im sure that will be the problem solved THANK YOU!!

The Salon System Glue is not that great it takes ages to get the lashes to stay in place especially on straighter lashes.

I'll see how I get on its good to know that I dont have to re-train if I want to swop brands :)

Hi blossom :)
I didn't change brands....I gave up! :p

To be honest, I've gone off the boil of late, as I've been trying to sell a salon, and buy another!
I'm just concentrating on hairdressing at the moment. :cool:

Hi blossom :)
I didn't change brands....I gave up! :p

To be honest, I've gone off the boil of late, as I've been trying to sell a salon, and buy another!
I'm just concentrating on hairdressing at the moment. :cool:
Sounds like a headache [emoji85]
Hope it all works out fine for you [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back