Salon Till - Advice Needed Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junejuno

Reaction score
Hello All,

I need to purchase a till for my hair/beauty salon. I have trawled the sites and I am more confused than ever and don't know where to turn next.

My accountant tells me to look for one that can:-
1) Print off a Z record at the end of the day

2) Has individual buttons that can be allocated to each person working in the salon, or means whereby each person needs a code to open the till (and all transactions by that person are recorded as theirs)

3) We use Streamline for our card transactions so maybe that needs to be taken into account too.

I feel as if I am swimming in the dark and getting nowhere. Can anyone recommend what else I should be looking for and which models you find works well for you please?

I saw an old thread where someone mentioned a usb port on a till. Does that mean that i could connect my digital photo frame to the till?

Any help would be most appreciated, thanks.

Hi Jim,

I hadn't thought about a laptop based system but I am open to all ideas. I was wanting a till that would give me the facilities I require. However, we are overhauling our appointments system too so i may take a look.
Thanks

Anyone else any ideas please?

Even the most cheapest and basic tills should produce an X and Z report and have the ability for cashiers to log on:).

Use your pdq as normal then enter that amount into the till as a 'card' payment. This way all your takings will be shown on the Z report. Now give the customer both receipts (one from the pdq and one from the till)

HTH
jes

Hi there,

I did a huge search for salon software and point of sale equipment. I wanted something that was easy to use and value for money because some of them are quite expensive and you don't really get much for what you pay for.
I narrowed it down to two companies Shortcuts & Insight salon software. I went with Insight because I registered on their website to get a free trial, they have the option of downloading it from the site but they will call you and send out a free CD trial also. Every month they do specials on software and equipment and I received an email for a special on the software $199 the regular retail price was $999.....I couldn't resist.
I am extremely happy with the software, once I figured out how to use it & it wasn't that hard. I run it on a laptop and when I need it the cash draw and receipt printer can be connected to the laptop with a usb cable.The software has so many features that they are to numerous to list.
The support and service is fantastic, they call me about once a month to see how I am doing and if I need anything.

All I can recommend is do a search for salon software and use the trial versions so that you get a feel for them and find out what you like.
I've put a link here for Insights website.
Goodluck and I hope this helps

Salon Software | Insight Salon Software | Hair Beauty Spa Tanning Solutions|

Thank you all for your input. I will look at all the options mentioned. Thanks again.

We went with Platinum Software, the cheapest top software on the market at the moment... They are very flexible with payments too. The software allows us to market clients, has an automatic loyalty reward scheme, diary, full stock control, staff commissions, easy to use reporting for cashing up to full analysis of business data.

Its so easy to use and the staff in our salon just love it.

www.salonsoftwaresystem.com
You can also call them on 0845 680 0019, we have found them extremely helpful over the time we have had the software installed.

Good Luck x

Last edited:
Hi
We use Essentials from DWB Solutions, They have been great, the software is very good and simple to use with the appointment book, client records, retail stock control, staff commissions, SMS to client's mobile phone and lots of management reports for accounting and for marketing. The system can be password protected, so you know who did what and also when. I have been with them over a year now and have had great support from them and would recommend them to anyone, their web site is Spa Management Software, Spa Software, Hotel Software, PMS Software, POS Software for Spa's, Day Spa's, Hotels and Resorts from DWB Solutions Ltd across Europe. or phone 01626 830455

Thank you all for your great input.

Hi,
Studio Tracker salon software is more competitivley priced than all the others mentioned on the thread, it also offers a free 30 day free trial and has free support and updates unlike many other providers. The features of the software will allow you to do all the things mentioned in your post. For any more information prices brochures etc PM me or visit the website!
Hope this is of some use!

Latest posts

Back