Salon to mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkisbeauty

Reaction score
Hi I have a beauty salon it has been running for 8 years and my lease is up in February I'm in 2 minds to stay or go?
History.... At its peak we were open 6days with myself and another therapist and it earns ok money but wasn't thriving although myself always booked up and the other therapist 50% booked I would say, skip a few years forward and several therapists down the line and a baby and I am now working 3 days long hours too earn £100 a week wage with my land lord being payed more than I am and the business just bobbing along not failing but not thriving and it's been like this the last 3 yrs as I didn't want to give up time with my daughter and have been unable to find reliable good staff, so do I continue and when my daughter starts school refugee all hours around her or give it up and go mobile with potential to earn more?
Do you think clients would move over to have me as mobile? I do have a very loyal client base that has stuck with me through hard times of staff and baby's X
Just looking for opinions and advice if anyone has been in a similar situation? It seems sad to walk away if it's not failing

Big hugs hun, felt sad reading this. You definitely want to end up with more in your pocket for your hard work, so something needs to change.

I think it'd be right to close the salon as your life has changed, and you don't want to invest more time into it. It's just hard letting go sometimes.

I think most of your clients will be happy for you to come to them, as it's more convenient for them. You may lose one or two, but probably not too many.

It's nice getting out and about doing mobile with very little overheads to worry about. But I do prefer being in a salon.

Have you considered renting a beauty room a few days per week. Daily rental ranges £20-40 per day depending on area. Or finding a salon who is happy to do a percentage split? That way you won't have to worry about overheads.

Good luck xxx

Big hugs hun, felt sad reading this. You definitely want to end up with more in your pocket for your hard work, so something needs to change.

I think it'd be right to close the salon as your life has changed, and you don't want to invest more time into it. It's just hard letting go sometimes.

I think most of your clients will be happy for you to come to them, as it's more convenient for them. You may lose one or two, but probably not too many.

It's nice getting out and about doing mobile with very little overheads to worry about. But I do prefer being in a salon.

Have you considered renting a beauty room a few days per week. Daily rental ranges £20-40 per day depending on area. Or finding a salon who is happy to do a percentage split? That way you won't have to worry about overheads.

Good luck xxx
One of the reasons it has done well is because there isn't any salons around me! Accept my cheeky hairdresser next door that decided last year to open as a salon!!!
I do feel very torn and sad at the idea X it was nice to hear a friendly voice and wise words from someone thank u x

Latest posts

Back