Same treatments or therapist flair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujojones

Reaction score
I just setting out my treatment protocols and just wondered to you have your therapists all do treatments exactly the same or do you allow your therapist free reign?

Im A stickler for things being "just so" and I like to think clients know exactly what they are getting and they will go to any therapist and the treatment will be the same!

It is just my OCD ? He he??

Would like to hear others views. X x

I think this is such an interesting topic!

I'm a bit on the fence. I think that there needs to be uniformity between treatments, for example if you have an express manicure or pedicure advertised that includes cuticle work, therapists should be doing the same cuticle work! (for example only pushing back cuticles and removing excess cuticle from the plate vs. doing the whole lot). Also with waxing, if you advertise no double dipping, then ALL the therapists must refrain from double dipping otherwise it's a bit counterproductive.

But when it comes to massage and facials, I think it's kind of nice to have therapists play on their strengths and use their background to come up with custom treatments for clients. It should always generally be the same formula (eyes and lips, double cleanse, exfo, massage, mask, moisturise + protect) and generally similar times spent on each stage (esp the massage which I think is the most important!) but how they actually do those stages should be up to the individual.

A therapists touch is unique and I believe we can really hone into what sorts of things our clients respond positively to. Why should a therapist who has done say extra training in massage have to stick to a routine when they have so much more to offer?

However back to the whole uniformity between treatments, there still needs to be a standard hence trade tests and training.

Would love to hear what everyone else thinks too x

All our therapists do their own thing, obviously they have some "don'ts" but we are all different, some of us are quite holistic, some artistic and some good at just getting down with the gritty bits and it works. We all have regular clients who like our treatments for what they are.
Xx

Great topic to start op!

I think if you have had brand specific training then you need to be following the brand training so that you have a standard operating proceedure. So if a client gets a massage from therapist a then therapist b and they are pay the same amount then it should be the same treatment. Obviously these there are sections in these treatments that allow the therapist to free style and the therapists on skills personality etc should show through then otherwise it should be the same treatment routine for each therapist

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

We do our own thing but follow the same procedure. So our facials are the same but our facial massages will be different as we're both trained with different product houses. Our manis/pedis are the same but the massages different and a couple of things done in a slightly different order. This will change soon as we are taking on Payot so our facials will be identical. And when we take on the body range our massages will become identical too. But when I worked in a spa we all had to do the same so it doesn't matter which therapist you saw you would get exactly the same treatment.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My staff follow the same steps but may do each a step differently and maybe in a different order.

I think it's important to do the same steps but to give therapists the do the best they can. We all learn from each other and think Oooh I'm going to try that!

Jemima :)

Latest posts

Back