Sanitising and sterilising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruth5156

Reaction score
Hello,

Im quite new to this and am currently training for my level 2 however I had a quick question about sterilizing and sanitizing. When I am doing a manicure or pedicure, I tend to use all disposable items to avoid any cross infection but if I use cuticle nippers, is it enough to use surgical spirit and barbicide to clean them? I have a number of case studies to do this weekend and I want to make sure that they are properly cleaned before each person I work on. Sorry of this seems like a basic question but I want to make sure I get it right.
Thanks x

Hello,

Im quite new to this and am currently training for my level 2 however I had a quick question about sterilizing and sanitizing. When I am doing a manicure or pedicure, I tend to use all disposable items to avoid any cross infection but if I use cuticle nippers, is it enough to use surgical spirit and barbicide to clean them? I have a number of case studies to do this weekend and I want to make sure that they are properly cleaned before each person I work on. Sorry of this seems like a basic question but I want to make sure I get it right.
Thanks x

Yes, barbicide is fine to use.
When you have finished one client, wash & scrub your metal tools with an antiseptic detergent to remove any debris, then put them to soak in barbicide ready for the next client.

Yes, barbicide is fine to use.
When you have finished one client, wash & scrub your metal tools with an antiseptic detergent to remove any debris, then put them to soak in barbicide ready for the next client.
Thats great thank you. After all the clients are finished, do I just do the same cleaning process and then store away too?x

Thats great thank you. After all the clients are finished, do I just do the same cleaning process and then store away too?x

yes, soak them after the last client for the required time. If you are doing clients on a daily basis then you'd probably just leave them soaking overnight but if you are only doing occasional clients then take them out and wrap each tool in a clean tissue. Some salons use a UV cabinet for maintaining a sanitised condition after soaking.

Latest posts

Back